Jump to content

Whippet dogs


Recommended Posts


  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He sadly died at seven mat, but i had to retire him about five and he lived out his days lying on the sofa with my nan and running around my folks place getting in trouble. Never really got to the bot

I run a pure whippet. 8 year old now, very under estimated little dogs. 

Not a strait whippet, but a lot of whippet in there along with everything els 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Sirblessed said:

If you have Face Book this page will silence the critics - 

WWW.(!64.56:886

The Australian Working (Hunting) Whippet has 2,590 members. A group for those who are dedicated to preserving the wonderful working breed that is the...

 

 

 

I just joined, thanks for the heads up 👍

Link to post
On 18/02/2021 at 19:45, SheepChaser said:

I had a pure whippet, got him early 2010. That dog was a little machine, he had prey drive and heart to spare, lot of wind, speed, anything you could ask for. He was a wee bit independently minded lol, and could hunt like a hound. He would fly into absolutely anything, of any size, up to and including a big fallow buck (which he obviously couldn't stop). If I could have him again now, I would snap your hand off, but i dont know if id get another like him, so I've never had another one. Few members on here saw him run, and a I believe a few may have pups out of him still. RIP Finn.

Always liked the look of that dog and heard all good things,

Seen the pups out of one of the litters out of him from day 1, had one here for 12 months... game as they come, but by f**k would she hunt on day time....no stopping the f****r!! Lol

Link to post
19 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Always liked the look of that dog and heard all good things,

Seen the pups out of one of the litters out of him from day 1, had one here for 12 months... game as they come, but by f**k would she hunt on day time....no stopping the f****r!! Lol

I wouldn’t call going missing for 3 days hunting on! 😂😂

Link to post
On 19/02/2021 at 17:47, Runner96 said:

Not a strait whippet, but a lot of whippet in there along with everything els 

1745090E-7C5F-41D9-93CD-6553AB937B14.png

0598F16C-7841-4683-A25E-AB76230B7269.jpeg

B63AD845-9713-4289-B30C-3BB63B99B7D2.jpeg

Hoe old is he and how tall? I might be looking for a similar stud in a few years if my mutt puppies turn out how I want. He's a smart looking thing, how is he work wise?

  • Like 1
Link to post
On 19/02/2021 at 16:56, shaaark said:

Can't answer that for you really mate. But it would save a lot of unnecessary bother and hassle, not to mention dealing with timewasters and 'undesirables' lol.

I know you and a few fellas on here own, and are happy with your beddy/whippets, but for me, the pure whippet is the better dog, again,  for me 👍

Mines 3/4 bred mate, nearing 11 now...

Been an honest little thing, and caught enough rabbits over the years, a few on here have seen her work and would say she's OK, nothing more imo.... id have a beddy whip again for ferreting, mooching and lamping rabbits, but would rather a beddy/grey/whip or decent sized straight whip or whip/grey..

Some of our land is hard for a small dog, she was clever so caught (would run on in the dark and lamp on after etc) but that top end pace was the missing bit for me.

Link to post
32 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Mines 3/4 bred mate, nearing 11 now...

Been an honest little thing, and caught enough rabbits over the years, a few on here have seen her work and would say she's OK, nothing more imo.... id have a beddy whip again for ferreting, mooching and lamping rabbits, but would rather a beddy/grey/whip or decent sized straight whip or whip/grey..

Some of our land is hard for a small dog, she was clever so caught (would run on in the dark and lamp on after etc) but that top end pace was the missing bit for me.

Exactly my point mate.  A decent whippet will outpace any beddy/whippet, has a very good nose, and are just that bit quicker overall at everything.

  • Like 2
Link to post
12 hours ago, Tyla said:

Hoe old is he and how tall? I might be looking for a similar stud in a few years if my mutt puppies turn out how I want. He's a smart looking thing, how is he work wise?

He 3 year old and 21” TTS ish. Works well for me and suits type of ground I work. He has a good brain and uses it. Dam collie, whippet, bull, grey. Sire 3/4 whippet 1/4 beddy. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
  • 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, fred90 said:

seen him on YouTube grand little dog 👍. what lines is he working, racing? 

KC name is Lavebella jessz sweet boy 

if u wanna look him up on archives. No mike brown stuff or anything like that in him. They were bred to be multipurpose whippets, his brother was a hell of a dog in his day for racing. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...