Welders (people)

28 minutes ago, Chid said:

Its on a trailer using 5mm , I go down but we have a fella who isn't a qualified welder but as worked in this place 30 plus years and I've been here 5 month and my welds are neater and penetrate a lot better than his so he's running to the boss nit picking about my welds saying I'm not doing it right ? .

I've lost count of the jobs I've had to put up with that mate. It's amazing how many fairies are in the trade!

1 minute ago, vfr400boy said:

Soon as lock down is over id like to do a night class and learn how to weld properly 

There was a lad who was on my engineering course. He did a welding course on the nights.... he's been all over the world, made a fuuckton of money and is in massive demand. 

Wish I'd done more than dip my toes in it tbh.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, mushroom said:

There was a lad who was on my engineering course. He did a welding course on the nights.... he's been all over the world, made a fuuckton of money and is in massive demand. 

Wish I'd done more than dip my toes in it tbh.

I don't want to do it for a living just use it to fix my old crappy vehicles up ha , I'd like to build a cafe racer one day to 

• Like 2