Price rise in pups

3 minutes ago, morton said:

It dismays me with the quality of lurchers bred now,on the whole,not fit for purpose should be thrown at the majority of breeders and the expensive shite they produce.Its not difficult to produce an half decent lurcher and cover the cost of breeding.It seems caviar and atlantic salmon is a dietry requirement of modern breeding,often by owners who cannot peel a spud or catch a trout.

What about Ireland 

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's still good honest folks gifting well-bred pups out there..... Im waiting for a pup, only charge is the price of the dock and a few days fishing on one of my waters.... I've just offered an adu

Personally, I would sooner gift a rabbiting tyke to a genuine good home than accept vonga for it... Loads of good lads around the UK,...plenty of nice average hunting jukels available...?  O

Working dog lads will go to people who breed working dogs. The peddlers, profiteers, and breeders of non-working bred pups will still have people buying their pups, but genuine lads will still ei

Posted Images

"PM me for price"

"These pups won't be begged"

One or both of these lines are now a staple, in the wording of a lurcher ad these days...

And calling everyone "boys"... WTF is that all about?

"Got some chancy pups here boys, these pups won't be begged, top breeding on both sides, parents smashing everything, PM me for price.."

?

32 minutes ago, Bosun11 said:

"PM me for price"

"These pups won't be begged"

One or both of these lines are now a staple, in the wording of a lurcher ad these days...

And calling everyone "boys"... WTF is that all about?

"Got some chancy pups here boys, these pups won't be begged, top breeding on both sides, parents smashing everything, PM me for price.."

?

U forgot  genuine and guaranteed 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Bosun11 said:

calling everyone "boys"... WTF is that all about?

?

Well you see there's dogs for boys and dogs for grown ups. The grown ups get dogs from people they know, the boys don't have any friends so buy from chancers....? 

• Like 3
3 hours ago, morton said:

In our time pups cost feck all and there was an awful lot of decent uns about,an awful lot of dross,as the dross cost feck all it was easier to stomach.Now decent lurchers are like hens teeth and expensive dross suits the modern lurcher owner.

Glad I was around in your days ?years ago no one travelled it was all close nit who knew who sort of stuff , first time I travelled it 60 mile and payed the princely sum of £5 coz the bitch I fancied was mainly white the rest were expensive at the time at £25 omg them were the days ?

2 hours ago, Loton Moocher said:

Glad I was around in your days ?years ago no one travelled it was all close nit who knew who sort of stuff , first time I travelled it 60 mile and payed the princely sum of £5 coz the bitch I fancied was mainly white the rest were expensive at the time at £25 omg them were the days ?

U were lucky 

On 20/02/2021 at 18:58, OldPhil said:

Personally, I would sooner gift a rabbiting tyke to a genuine good home than accept vonga for it...

Loads of good lads around the UK,...plenty of nice average hunting jukels available...?

Obviously, if you desire something special, a coursing /racing champ or a similar paragon,..you will have to pay the seller's price...but, really,...is it THAT fecking serious..

Life is too short Brothers,..I've been there, done that,..why not settle for a good honest worker and leave the super -priced, super dawgs,... to them as craves em..?

598.JPG

If you like daytime running Phil it’s not about dollar or superstars mate you need a certain type or you will struggle unless your good mates with someone you have to buy in 

If you like daytime your average jukel won’t do life’s to short to be messing with average 

doesn’t really matter if your just mooching lamping bunny’s average lurcher kill plenty for the pot mate I agree 

Lads pay more for a pair a wellies than they would a dog lol ?? 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, mC HULL said:

If you like daytime running Phil it’s not about dollar or superstars mate you need a certain type or you will struggle unless your good mates with someone you have to buy in 

If you like daytime your average jukel won’t do life’s to short to be messing with average 

doesn’t really matter if your just mooching lamping bunny’s average lurcher kill plenty for the pot mate I agree 

Lads pay more for a pair a wellies than they would a dog lol ?? 

You had 2 bring up the cost o my new wellos dint ya ,just when I thought I were gerrin over the ordeal ,the memory of delving into ones back sky come flooding back ,your a c,mc

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Black neck said:

You had 2 bring up the cost o my new wellos dint ya ,just when I thought I were gerrin over the ordeal ,the memory of delving into ones back sky come flooding back ,your a c,mc

That’s bad blacky you could be psychology damaged for life now , how much did you pay for your new welly’s anyway ?

It's all gone to f**k staff pups I remember seeing them £200-£300 now someone asking £2500 and lurcher pup £1000 people trying to make an easy few grand in my eyes I paid £400 for my Springer when i got him now i see Springer pups £2000 greed of people never surprising 

Screenshot_20210223-133558_Gumtree.jpg

Screenshot_20210223-133606_Gumtree.jpg

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Saltmoon said:

It prices alot of people out straight away I've been looking for a smaller dog to go with mine terrier sort or small lurcher to Bush abit and mooch about with but its mental the price people are asking 

The ones who know people in the game will be fine. It’s people starting out that will struggle