Price rise in pups

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's still good honest folks gifting well-bred pups out there..... Im waiting for a pup, only charge is the price of the dock and a few days fishing on one of my waters.... I've just offered an adu

Personally, I would sooner gift a rabbiting tyke to a genuine good home than accept vonga for it... Loads of good lads around the UK,...plenty of nice average hunting jukels available...?  O

Working dog lads will go to people who breed working dogs. The peddlers, profiteers, and breeders of non-working bred pups will still have people buying their pups, but genuine lads will still ei

Posted Images

19 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

What type whippet stud are you after, pm me if you prefer ?

Just honest working whippet mate , breeding is still in thort , it was a friends whippet that brought it to mind really but unfortunately it’s life was cut short ,pups would have been kept between friends , it’s having surplus that puts you off breeding ,many years now since I’ve bred but not forgot it 

• Like 2
8 hours ago, jeemes said:

Ive just had a look in the sale section here. Nobody seems to be selling anything. I wonder why or rather where! they are selling them?

Been dead for years on for sale section as anyone puts dog up for sale get slag to bits 

• Like 2
On ‎17‎/‎02‎/‎2021 at 12:37, poxon said:

How do you think the current price rise in pups will effect the quality of pups bred in the long run for work this was a question I was asked today by a old hand in the working dog game what’s your views on this? 

the more expensive the lurcher the lower the quality and experience of the breeder,Saluki bred exempt,unless its from Ireland.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, morton said:

the more expensive the lurcher the lower the quality and experience of the breeder,Saluki bred exempt,unless its from Ireland.

Same sort of thought here Morton guess we’re have to sit on the fence an see how the future pans out

5 minutes ago, poxon said:

Same sort of thought here Morton guess we’re have to sit on the fence an see how the future pans out

In our time pups cost feck all and there was an awful lot of decent uns about,an awful lot of dross,as the dross cost feck all it was easier to stomach.Now decent lurchers are like hens teeth and expensive dross suits the modern lurcher owner.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

That's not nice,....lol

It dismays me with the quality of lurchers bred now,on the whole,not fit for purpose should be thrown at the majority of breeders and the expensive shite they produce.Its not difficult to produce an half decent lurcher and cover the cost of breeding.It seems caviar and atlantic salmon is a dietry requirement of modern breeding,often by owners who cannot peel a spud or catch a trout.