Price rise in pups

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's still good honest folks gifting well-bred pups out there..... Im waiting for a pup, only charge is the price of the dock and a few days fishing on one of my waters.... I've just offered an adu

Personally, I would sooner gift a rabbiting tyke to a genuine good home than accept vonga for it... Loads of good lads around the UK,...plenty of nice average hunting jukels available...?  O

Working dog lads will go to people who breed working dogs. The peddlers, profiteers, and breeders of non-working bred pups will still have people buying their pups, but genuine lads will still ei

Posted Images

7 hours ago, bird said:

true mate , if people are soft enough to pay silly prices for dogs, people will keep breeding them . ive said on these posts before that all dogs  shit and piss the same , so why pay , say £ 300 quid for one type , then another £1, 300 quid  , ok  you get certain  breeds , that just bred for one type job, gundog,police dog, coursing dog, fighting dog ,  digging dogs , lurchers ,and even the above tops for me be £ 800 , and that be breaking me fookin arm , ive been lucky maybe with lurchers most were given to me, most i paid  was for a  pit x grey in the 80s £ 120 quid , bullmastiff was prob he most £ 250 thats in the 80s the staffs and pit were about £ 200 , so suppose a fair wack , but nothing like today prices people pay. in fact i was talking to my son  few weeks ago , about dogs etc, as you prob know ive got little woody his jack x , he said maybe when his kids are older and full time school , might have one , i said leave it 4-5 years  and look at rescue  whippet types  easy to look after  and dont break the bank to buy one from there £ 50-100 quid  money goes back for up keep of dogs, and most only want chance of life. yep get one from there deff 

Thats the trouble sometimes, not enough people investing time and money into their dogs and breeding to improve but just always on the look out for a bargain or a freeby but never actually breeding themselves  and so putting something back.

1 hour ago, dogmandont said:

I'd jack it in before I'd pay the silly prices some are asking. 

been thinking on those same lines  ever since this crazy price hike began, lurchers been in my life for 65 yrs, born and brought up with them,  remember when no money ever changed hands for dogs,just on the barter exchange payment, in the1960sremember blokes paying round the 10 or15 pounds for quality bred lurchers,last lurcher ibought was in2015 paid 300 pounds thought itwas steep at the time, but he was bred for the type of work ineeded him for and suited my life style,never did ithink i would see the day, lurchers and dogs of all types would be reaching telephone numbers, lets hope prices level out after lock down,wouldnt pay prices and couldnt afford to  at the moment

• Like 4

Most I’ve ever payed for a dog was £200 I felt like my pants were being pulled down I asked if there take 180 for the pup they said no there worth £200 all day long I walk away with a pup at 200£ probably one of the best dogs I’ve had I haven’t bought a dog since ,bred 2 an was gifted the last as a returned gift if I ever breed again I can’t see me asking a £1000 up a pup lol if I had to sell one or two but to be honest I’m not all that keen on selling pups if I did I’d probably only charge £180 -250 a pup but to be honest the more I think about it probably better just breeding for your self an putting the rest to sleep problem solved then no one can say your a peddler breeding for financial gain no come backs nothing 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, poxon said:

Most I’ve ever payed for a dog was £200 I felt like my pants were being pulled down I asked if there take 180 for the pup they said no there worth £200 all day long I walk away with a pup at 200£ probably one of the best dogs I’ve had I haven’t bought a dog since ,bred 2 an was gifted the last as a returned gift if I ever breed again I can’t see me asking a £1000 up a pup lol if I had to sell one or two but to be honest I’m not all that keen on selling pups if I did I’d probably only charge £180 -250 a pup but to be honest the more I think about it probably better just breeding for your self an putting the rest to sleep problem solved then no one can say your a peddler breeding for financial gain no come backs nothing 

I wouldn’t worry 2 much what no one wants 2 say d 250 ain't much blud

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Black neck said:

I wouldn’t worry 2 much what no one wants 2 say d 250 ain't much blud

£250 ain’t to much d I mean if I wanted a cross that someone else was selling an I thought the parents were really good an they wanted 350-400 a pup if it’s what I really wanted I’d pay it no problem it’s only money ain’t it but I’m a tight git I don’t like putting my hands deep in my pocket 

Personally, I would sooner gift a rabbiting tyke to a genuine good home than accept vonga for it...

Loads of good lads around the UK,...plenty of nice average hunting jukels available...?

Obviously, if you desire something special, a coursing /racing champ or a similar paragon,..you will have to pay the seller's price...but, really,...is it THAT fecking serious..

Life is too short Brothers,..I've been there, done that,..why not settle for a good honest worker and leave the super -priced, super dawgs,... to them as craves em..?

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, OldPhil said:

Personally, I would sooner gift a rabbiting tyke to a genuine good home than accept vonga for it...

Loads of good lads around the UK,...plenty of nice average hunting jukels available...?

Obviously, if you desire something special, a coursing /racing champ or a similar paragon,..you will have to pay the seller's price...but, really,...is it THAT fecking serious..

Life is too short Brothers,..I've been there, done that,..why not settle for a good honest worker and leave the super -priced, super dawgs,... to them as craves em..?

598.JPG

Wise words

32 minutes ago, poxon said:

£250 ain’t to much d I mean if I wanted a cross that someone else was selling an I thought the parents were really good an they wanted 350-400 a pup if it’s what I really wanted I’d pay it no problem it’s only money ain’t it but I’m a tight git I don’t like putting my hands deep in my pocket 

I can't think o much worse than putting me hands deep in pockets d meks us shudder 

• Like 1