Price rise in pups

What working dog folk are buying off these pets for homes etc sites , surely genuine lads ain’t looking down them lines for pups or paying that silly money anyway so it doubtful these dogs ain’t going to working homes in the first place so can’t see it making any difference 

• Like 4

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's still good honest folks gifting well-bred pups out there..... Im waiting for a pup, only charge is the price of the dock and a few days fishing on one of my waters.... I've just offered an adu

Personally, I would sooner gift a rabbiting tyke to a genuine good home than accept vonga for it... Loads of good lads around the UK,...plenty of nice average hunting jukels available...?  O

Working dog lads will go to people who breed working dogs. The peddlers, profiteers, and breeders of non-working bred pups will still have people buying their pups, but genuine lads will still ei

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, Loton Moocher said:

What working dog folk are buying off these pets for homes etc sites , surely genuine lads ain’t looking down them lines for pups or paying that silly money anyway so it doubtful these dogs ain’t going to working homes in the first place so can’t see it making any difference 

It ain't just the Pets For Homes type sites though. It's every online hunting site, dog lads are selling to (ripping off) dog lads, with massive "PM me" prices...

26 minutes ago, Loton Moocher said:

Tbh mooch there pay the going rate for the cross they want there’s not a lot of choices in the matter ie like us being beddy x enthusiasts what we meant to do if we can’t get our beloved beddy crosses take on a cross that don’t suit our requirements or give up dogs it’s a tough shout but there what the options could be. I think it will make a difference in the long run I know no one’s holding a gun to no ones head saying they gotta pay high prices or take a certain cross but at the same time the high price is the encouragement to breed there’s dog lads breeding now that are demanding the premium for there working bred pups so there be people buying them but can’t see many people coming forward saying they just spunked £1200 on a Lurcher pup of there choice to work there pay an keep shut about what they payed but will want to redeem the cost along the way of owning the dog l

• Like 1
Just now, Bosun11 said:

It ain't just the Pets For Homes type sites though. It's every online hunting site, dog lads are selling to (ripping off) dog lads, with massive "PM me" prices...

Whatever happened to who and what you know ? The most I’ve ever payed is for the bitch I’m running now a massive £150 others over the years have been less or gifted , I see what you mean tho there was a certain guy had constant supply of (working ) lol bedlington pups bred from his mrs pet bitch always pm for details lol . 

12 minutes ago, poxon said:

Tbh mooch there pay the going rate for the cross they want there’s not a lot of choices in the matter ie like us being beddy x enthusiasts what we meant to do if we can’t get our beloved beddy crosses take on a cross that don’t suit our requirements or give up dogs it’s a tough shout but there what the options could be. I think it will make a difference in the long run I know no one’s holding a gun to no ones head saying they gotta pay high prices or take a certain cross but at the same time the high price is the encouragement to breed there’s dog lads breeding now that are demanding the premium for there working bred pups so there be people buying them but can’t see many people coming forward saying they just spunked £1200 on a Lurcher pup of there choice to work there pay an keep shut about what they payed but will want to redeem the cost along the way of owning the dog l

All I can say mate if they silly enough to pay that sort of cash that’s up to them , but things are going to get more difficult ,coz no doubt studs fees will av risen aswell

• Like 1

Plenty decent lads about breeding good stock and gifting dogs to good lads and selling surplus pups at a reasonable price. 

I mean I'd be willing to pay 300 for a well bred lurcher pup but seen some going for 600 and there selling aswell ?‍♂️

• Like 1
1 minute ago, jcm said:

Plenty decent lads about breeding good stock and gifting dogs to good lads and selling surplus pups at a reasonable price. 

I mean I'd be willing to pay 300 for a well bred lurcher pup but seen some going for 600 and there selling aswell ?‍♂️

Iworkwippets on here had more offers than a lone hooker in a port bar. There's a lot of good lads and lasses out there still ;)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

The hunters over here are still selling excess working pups at normal prices. I'd imagine peddlers are reselling them. I really want to breed a litter of Parson/whippets for myself but I'm worried about a big litter and don't know enough hunters here that would give them a good working home plus I'm past culling a healthy litter for any reason.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

The hunters over here are still selling excess working pups at normal prices. I'd imagine peddlers are reselling them. I really want to breed a litter of Parson/whippets for myself but I'm worried about a big litter and don't know enough hunters here that would give them a good working home plus I'm past culling a healthy litter for any reason.

My wife and I have talked about this a lot recently. I'm thinking of getting my next pup within the next year or so but, because of prices being so high, she suggested I buy a bitch next so I can breed my own in the future. By this I mean that I'll not need to pay the higher prices in future if I'm breeding my own. I've never bred a litter before as I feel that there are plenty of the right type of dog for me out there already without me adding more but...not if prices are circa three times what they were before.

Though I'm not so sure about my wife's incentives.??

• Like 2
19 hours ago, Bosun11 said:

As bad as the prices now are, its the secrecy in the price that boils my piss too.

On all the FB pages, its all that 'pm for the price', why, is that because you know your banging the price up and you don't want to be shot down. I recon so..

If the dog or the pups are any good you should be up front about the cost. Happy to sell for what its worth, not all this cloak and dagger stuff...

If your selling and you think your dog is worth 15 grand or 15 quid, then put it up and the reasons why you want that money for it..!!

I have a mate who's looking to buy a decent lurcher pup but can't believe the current prices. Just lurcher to lurcher, with a dash of bull would suit.

If anyone knows of any litters, for a fair price, please let me know. The pup would be going to a 5 star working home.

?

try John T on here he has lined a 3/8 5/8 bull bitch with his deerhoundy cross he will tell you better 

• Like 1

As the market gets saturated the prices will fall.

I've never bred a litter, something that never really appealed but with the lack of available Galgos it's something I'm considering in the future. I am aware of a couple of others with similar plans so I should be able to get a stud over here if I don't import one. I'll be looking to place a few in homes where they will be given the opportunity to develop their potential. Litter size allowing I'll likely sell a couple to cover costs. 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, GaryMcEvoy said:

I've been out of the game a good 7l8 years and having been looking for a dog for the past year had to pay 600 quid for a whippet pup from a working background which I thought was crazy surely it's all for the money and not for the love of the game!! Which means there will be a lot of shite flying around

The steady increase in popularity of the whippet, since the ban, has seen the prices asked for them increase year on year. £600 has been about the average asking price for a kc pup for the last 5-6 years, with some pups advertised at anywhere up to £1000. But this last year the prices have gone mental.

Was scouring some whippet ads a couple of weeks back, had to shake my head in confusion/disbelief. Most litters going for anywhere between £1200 and £3000 per pup, average price about £2000-£2500!!

Anyway, £600 aint a bad price these days lol ?

Edited by shaaark