Big Brown Beavers..... everywhere!!

More releases in the pipeline. Captive initially.. but with a long term view that these small populatios will eventually link up throughout the country..

Be interesting to see how things pan out..

Scroll past video!

WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

‘Beavers are as British as Shakespeare’, says Wildlife Trusts chief executive, as organisation makes major headway in bringing back species hunted to extinction...

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With the amount of flooding we are getting now , a lot of which is due to the neglect and management of the rivers and flood plains ,  I would think releasing dam building giant rats to slow up the wa

I love watching that old boy on mountain men, Tom hoare he’s in his 70s still beaver trapping and has a lot of traditional skills that he uses to make things from the pelts and tails, makes some nice

Laughed today... Working on an old college site and they are filming a series called Sex Education with Gillian Anderson off x files.... Anyway theres temporary toilet blocks for film crew and staff,

34 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Meant to be really good eating, lots of body fat, have you ever tried it ted ? I definitely will when the time is right, I did here the first ones released in Scotland were all shot by local land owners ??

Nope and never will eat one

swamp rats

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

With the amount of flooding we are getting now , a lot of which is due to the neglect and management of the rivers and flood plains ,  I would think releasing dam building giant rats to slow up the water run off even more is just about as stupid as releasing big cats in the expectation they will kill cautious alert fast running deer rather than big slow woolly things that are suicidally stupid at the best of times ..Every where you look at with beaver populations their trying there best to reduce the numbers , just because they were here hundred odd years ago doesn’t follow they would benefit the present environment ..

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
25 minutes ago, Mickey Finn said:

I've heard they are tasty. As I'm retired now, I might give trapping them a shot next season. So maybe I'll find out. 

I love watching that old boy on mountain men, Tom hoare he’s in his 70s still beaver trapping and has a lot of traditional skills that he uses to make things from the pelts and tails, makes some nice stuff, worth a look if your not familiar ??

• Like 7
18 minutes ago, sussex said:

With the amount of flooding we are getting now , a lot of which is due to the neglect and management of the rivers and flood plains ,  I would think releasing dam building giant rats to slow up the water run off even more is just about as stupid as releasing big cats in the expectation they will kill cautious alert fast running deer rather than big slow woolly things that are suicidally stupid at the best of times ..Every where you look at with beaver populations their trying there best to reduce the numbers , just because they were here hundred odd years ago doesn’t follow they would benefit the present environment ..

Most of the flooding was caused by an eu rule that made dredging financially impossible to carry out, this year the dykes and reins are being dredged again so flooding should reduce, big cats prefer deer to sheep especially if they are dipped but other than that couldn’t agree more ???

• Haha 1

I think Beavers preventing flooding is the best excuse/ reason the folk behind theses reintroduction programmes can come up with to justify what they're doing.

Can't actually see how a Beaver can make something that man can't mind!!

Pretty sure there's some Scottish landowner's that where badly affected by the released Beavers up there and the damaged they've caused.

I'm pretty easy going with most things in life, they can crack on with it for me..

• Like 1