What's the crack with southern Ireland?

Was speaking to a guy the other day while working on a job and got talking about this and that. Property prices came up and he mentioned that he was considering a move to Ireland depending on how things pan out for him. He wasn't a hunting man, but got me thinking myself as to what Ireland may hold for living rural, what areas are considered the most remote, what sort of game is abundant in those areas etc.

Anyway, just wondering if any on here can shine a light on the subject? Had a general glance at some rural properties that needed work done but with a few acres here and there, areas like co Sligo, mayo,Clare, Limerick etc, didn't seem bad for what they were offering. Any thoughts gents?

8 minutes ago, Neobliviscaris1776 said:

Was speaking to a guy the other day while working on a job and got talking about this and that. Property prices came up and he mentioned that he was considering a move to Ireland depending on how things pan out for him. He wasn't a hunting man, but got me thinking myself as to what Ireland may hold for living rural, what areas are considered the most remote, what sort of game is abundant in those areas etc.

Anyway, just wondering if any on here can shine a light on the subject? Had a general glance at some rural properties that needed work done but with a few acres here and there, areas like co Sligo, mayo,Clare, Limerick etc, didn't seem bad for what they were offering. Any thoughts gents?

Cheap property. Fck all jobs, fck all game. 

• Thanks 1
53 minutes ago, Neobliviscaris1776 said:

Mayo...Galway.....Leitrim.....Fishing, Hunting and Good value....what type of hunting you after?

L

I've really regretted over the years I didn't emigrate,the only way I can envisage ever getting ahead in a big way here is work every hour /weekend possible or go into the drugs scene lol....it's got it's good points,but it also has its bad,and plenty of them,same as anywhere else I reckon....the city's are f****d with junkies and housing problems,but to buy a remote farmhouse would be ideal,but that too comes with its own dilemmas at times

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
On 16/02/2021 at 11:48, chartpolski said:

County Offaly is nice; a bit remote and rural, but that suited me !

Stayed in a little place called Ballycommon, fished in the Grand Canal and exercised the local hares.

IMG_0697.JPG.14a17ff989c14c4522c419da78036ad6.JPG

Cheers.

Used to be plenty of fish in the grand canal, the Eastern Europeans have it fcuked, still holds a few, and still a few big pike in it, it runs through my area in Dublin i walk it most days

• Thanks 1

Work was picking up here till this f***ing virus came in, don't do any shooting so couldn't tell you much about feather but country is walking with deer, most of the lads blame the shooters for rabbits going but the lads providing greyhound trainers live rabbits I think done the biggest carnage out catching 30 rabbits 5 days a week population soon declines then, in the town I'm in there's atleast 25 dog hunters and the same probably more shooters. Things get dug so much here that a sounder ain't gonna cut it soon as shovels hit soil dogs under pressure so unless your dog on hard side he's getting pushed all over and who wants to be digging more then one hole to a dog, but on the other hand great rivers, great scenery and good people, no NHS either guts of 200 euro to get a tooth pulled here ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2