Mars????

8 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

The "Flood" is mentioned in most religions and myths.

Its postulated that it may have been the breaching of the Pillars of Hercules, or the Bosporus land bridge, both of which would have had catastrophic results in the Mediterranean, and explain the myth in the Semitic religions.

It doesn't, however explain how religions and myths as diverse as the Chinese, Australian aboriginals, North American natives and Norse all have Great Flood Myths.

So, perhaps that's all it is, a myth ?

Cheers.

And the ceide fields in county Mayo ,Ireland. Farmyards, walls etc. discovered under ten foot of peat bog.

• Like 1

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Shroom would actually be a good choice due to not being particularly 'resource intensive'. Unfortunately I think his crew mates would throw him out the airlock after a month! "So I was f***ing th

My understanding it’s a bit like wrapping my shopping in silver foil so I can pass through the security barriers at supermarkets undetected , but beyond that, I,ll stay in my lane ??

Posted Images

so back to the original post,question i do not think we will ever live on mars.cost will be too much.we will not be able to get through the scrap heap that is all of those bloody satellites fecking musk has put up by then.last but not least the m/c will have taken over long before this could happen or we have wiped are selves out by some other means.

On 21/02/2021 at 15:34, mushroom said:

Mate, the great flood happened!

It was caused by massive glaciers collapsing (ice was the dam) this is written on the earth and proven by geology. It happend all over the northern hemisphere and the effects were massive floods and a huge rise in sea level.

So the water that is part of this earth is just that. No matter where it is. 

As Born said who knows how much of whatever is down there ?‍♂️

I will say this..... gravity is one muthafuka of a force ;)

Mush I wasnt even trying to talk about the flood mate lol

I'm was just wondering would the moon have any effect on the subterranean water,would it bulge up an down way the tides or would the crust of the earth block gravity or something lol mad one mush but interesting cause I was reading a few things about how much water was underground an apparently its alot.

On 21/02/2021 at 15:52, chartpolski said:

The "Flood" is mentioned in most religions and myths.

Its postulated that it may have been the breaching of the Pillars of Hercules, or the Bosporus land bridge, both of which would have had catastrophic results in the Mediterranean, and explain the myth in the Semitic religions.

It doesn't, however explain how religions and myths as diverse as the Chinese, Australian aboriginals, North American natives and Norse all have Great Flood Myths.

So, perhaps that's all it is, a myth ?

Cheers.

I think it would explain it easy,if there was a worldwide flood charts,then people from all round the world are going to record it,an record omit from there perspective,maye that be mayans Egyptians,aboriginals etc

There all going to have there own take on it.

An also if all these religions an myths are true an a worldwide flood happened then that sets up the timeframe also cause we know when these folk were around.

• Like 1
On 20/02/2021 at 20:02, Jonjon79 said:

I guess so - without a doubt there is a lot of water in the oceans but, surely there's a fair amount below ground aswell.

........ the surface isn't impervious and, their will be gaps further down.

To answer Francies question, is there is water there that  gets effected by gravity -  it must be effected in some way by the moon, however small.

I'm still trying to find the answer online but I cant find nothing on it Jon lol

Ah well if its "alot" I suppose anything is possible! 

Its around 4000 miles to the earth's centre,  its a guess but I don't reckon water penetrates not even 1% of that given the heat and pressures  involved. 

BH explain the  graph  ? 

main-qimg-c49d6afe635cc0ea87a7742b32499df1.gif

I'm still trying to understand this 'underground oceans' stuff but the first thing to understand is that it seems to amount to conjecture at this time. The evidence seems to be a seismic survey that had results that matched lab based 'wet' ringwoodite (ringwoodite with hydroxyl dissolved in) measurements and two diamonds from the mantle that contained ringwoodite with 'ice VII' in.

So it seems this water isn't really free to flow at all. It's chemically bonded to, or at least contained in, the crystal structure of the ringwoodite most of the time. Based on that it seems like there's f**k all chance of tides happening in the mantle, even if there is much of it.

Tides happen because the ocean's water is fluid and flowing on a global level. It doesn't seem like this 'water' in the mantle is free to flow at all.

Edited by Born Hunter