I tried this in the trapping section with no luck I have these traps set all the time baited with peanut butter I had some success with them then nothing I can’t catch anything with them the rats are still here I’ve seen them so should I move them I don’t know if the rats get used to them and won’t go in I don’t know anything about this so any help is appreciated thanks 

7CC0269E-44E3-433C-82D9-CF5087095983.png

74D6FE68-B593-4FE6-AD35-A79792C3D417.png

Rats soon get clued up , when i use to drop the lobster pot live catch traps down around the tips id always get loads the first night then it would decline to nothing every night thereafter, but still loads about. 

Peanut butter is a great bait but the mice always seem to clear it out before the rats get to it so try something a bit more "substantial" and I would also remove the back solid panel and put on some wire. I've always found rats and squirrels will be more likely to enter if they think they have another escape route, and change the location of the traps regularly if you stop catching.    

• Like 4
4 hours ago, TRUEBRIT66 said:

Peanut butter is a great bait but the mice always seem to clear it out before the rats get to it so try something a bit more "substantial" and I would also remove the back solid panel and put on some wire. I've always found rats and squirrels will be more likely to enter if they think they have another escape route, and change the location of the traps regularly if you stop catching.    

now a bloke told me this last year, he was putting in my new oil tank, we got talking about the amount of rats i get in my garden. Next doors keep, horses , alpacas,  few sheep, so they have bit of food there side knocking about, but fookin rats come my side as well, i told the bloke ive shot few, but like been said rats soon become bit  nervy , if they know your about. he told me to get 2 pieces timber  about 3 foot long and 2ft high, knock them up together , put all sticky bait on bottom and side , and lets the rats feed there, give it 2 -4 days, and the rats will go there, they be stuck a bit on there feet and back, and give you few secs to shoot a few, he killed dozen like this . just  clean it up after you killed few , then spread new bait  down, give it a go , pm if you want .  Ray

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

No pal, self employed. Terminix seem to be expanding big at the minute? Which area you in? 

North Wales, you must use 1env for your stock then lol, I’ve got 1 of them traps on my van but never used it thought it was a bit of a weird trigger, do they have to drag the bait from under it 

3 minutes ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

North Wales, you must use 1env for your stock then lol, I’ve got 1 of them traps on my van but never used it thought it was a bit of a weird trigger, do they have to drag the bait from under it 

Yeah they lift it. Best general purpose rat trap out there. I don't use any snap traps anymore unless it's in a monitoring box on a contract. Honestly give em a go you won't regret it.