9 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

What reel is it? 

Shimano tld15 multiplier . It’s never been out of the house , I bought the reel and an 20/30lb ugly stick on an impulse because a few of the lads had some good tope trips on the blue mink last year and I fancied having a go . I get really seasick though so I’ve decided to stick mainly to the rivers and the pier 

4CBAA015-7048-4007-864B-1BAC7D403D53.jpeg

E9E4DCCB-9C03-423D-9BBC-0A56661336C2.jpeg

• Like 1

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's a resolution section, and from what I see, you shouldn't lose anything if you follow the procedure, and can re-list the item. The non-buyer will have it recorded on his account. Chee

Can you send me the reel ,just want to have a look ? 

Report it to eBay and ask for a refund for your costs, they should sort it out,  ive had similar,  ebay is full of proverbial tyres kickers.  Edit to add  I presume you did all you messaging

Posted Images

1 hour ago, neil r said:

Shimano tld15 multiplier . It’s never been out of the house , I bought the reel and an 20/30lb ugly stick on an impulse because a few of the lads had some good tope trips on the blue mink last year and I fancied having a go . I get really seasick though so I’ve decided to stick mainly to the rivers and the pier 

4CBAA015-7048-4007-864B-1BAC7D403D53.jpeg

E9E4DCCB-9C03-423D-9BBC-0A56661336C2.jpeg

Ah right. I was after a good fixed spool beach casting reel...I'm giving up with my multipliers for casting 

Just now, South hams hunter said:

What type of ground you fishing Dido? 

A bit of everything. I've always used multipliers but these days I might on beach fish 2-3 times a year so I figure switching over to fixed spools might be easier/more enjoyable /less chance of a birds nest in the middle of the night or with cold fingers in winter. Easier as well if the young lads want to have a cast. 

I quite fancy trying a long rod, fixed spool and braid 

10 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

A bit of everything. I've always used multipliers but these days I might on beach fish 2-3 times a year so I figure switching over to fixed spools might be easier/more enjoyable /less chance of a birds nest in the middle of the night or with cold fingers in winter. Easier as well if the young lads want to have a cast. 

I use ultegras, love mine. 

Not a fan of braid, cuts your finger and has no abrasion resistance. Also can groove your rod eyes, first cast 2 nights ago my mates main line cut as soon as he started to retrieve. Tip eye had a groove from braid that cut the line everytime, he had to borrow 1 of mine or not fish

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

Ah right. I was after a good fixed spool beach casting reel...I'm giving up with my multipliers for casting 

Have a look at the okuma 8k surf , I was using them last year and they are spot on , handled rays , bull huss and smoothound no problem and they’ve got brilliant line lay and they’ll cast as far as your able to . I used to use Shimano’s but don’t think the quality on lower to mid price  models is what it used to be so I took a chance on okuma . Liked them so much I’ve actually got a couple of their 6000 size mini pits coming today to go on some daiwa 10ft ext rods 

19 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

I did have a dabble with the new mag 4 when they came out and it lasted 2 trips before packing up so swapped it with the shop for a magged fathom 2 that I put abec 9 ceramic bearings in and it was not bad but I can cast as far with fixed spools so went back to them for ease of use . I’ve got 30 and 50lb braid on with 100lb braid shockleaders and can put baited rigs well over 100yard with hardly any effort on a straight overhead cast 

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, neil r said:

I did have a dabble with the new mag 4 when they came out and it lasted 2 trips before packing up so swapped it with the shop for a magged fathom 2 that I put abec 9 ceramic bearings in and it was not bad but I can cast as far with fixed spools so went back to them for ease of use . I’ve got 30 and 50lb braid on with 100lb braid shockleaders and can put baited rigs well over 100yard with hardly any effort on a straight overhead cast 

Do you not find the braid a pain mate? 

Just now, South hams hunter said:

Do you not find the braid a pain mate? 

No never had a problem with it . Started using it about 25years ago for lure fishing and then exclusively for deadbaiting and now for sea fishing. The only time I’ve ever cut myself with it is when I’ve been really pulling hard when tightening knots up . Never cut myself casting even with 6-8oz leads and big baits and I don’t wear finger stall . Never had it damage the eyes on a rod either . The only slight problem I’ve come across is holding bottom when it’s double windy and there’s a lot of weed about . Because of the lack of stretch it can trip the wires when you get a clump of weed hit the line and a gust of wind at the same time but other than that no problems with it 

17 minutes ago, neil r said:

No never had a problem with it . Started using it about 25years ago for lure fishing and then exclusively for deadbaiting and now for sea fishing. The only time I’ve ever cut myself with it is when I’ve been really pulling hard when tightening knots up . Never cut myself casting even with 6-8oz leads and big baits and I don’t wear finger stall . Never had it damage the eyes on a rod either . The only slight problem I’ve come across is holding bottom when it’s double windy and there’s a lot of weed about . Because of the lack of stretch it can trip the wires when you get a clump of weed hit the line and a gust of wind at the same time but other than that no problems with it 

I must have been unlucky in the 6 months I tried it ? cut my finger casting without a stall several times 

9 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

I must have been unlucky in the 6 months I tried it ? cut my finger casting without a stall several times 

Bear in mind I use 100lb braid shockleaders so it’s fairly thick , I wouldn’t fancy whacking a big lead out with thin 20lb stuff . 

20 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

I didn't, I used 80lb straight through. Is there much difference between braid and braid shockleader? 

Thinner braid will be like cheesewire . The 30lb I use is .26 , 50lb .36 and the 100lb is .60 . I’ve got a bulk spool of 80lb aswell that i use for jerkbaiting . That’s down as being .50 and I’d have no concerns at all using that either straight through or as a shockleader if the 100 runs out 

8 minutes ago, neil r said:

Thinner braid will be like cheesewire . The 30lb I use is .26 , 50lb .36 and the 100lb is .60 . I’ve got a bulk spool of 80lb aswell that i use for jerkbaiting . That’s down as being .50 and I’d have no concerns at all using that either straight through or as a shockleader if the 100 runs out 

The 19lb mono I use is. 35. 

Does it make much difference to the cast? 

You can offer it to the next highest bidder think it’s called ‘second chance offer’
nice reels, I have a few of them, and a few of the tld5 as well.

ugly stik are also good rods, it’s all I use on my boat.

how much did the reel sell for, sounds like he put a high bid on it And auto bid done the rest.