Anyone know how things work on eBay . I sold a reel on there yesterday and someone kept outbidding other bidders and won it , every time someone bid he outbid them a second or 2 later . He  didn’t pay yesterday and at half 5 this morning messaged me and said he left the country yesterday and it was too expensive and asked me to cancel it . I had a quick look and if I’ve read it right , if I cancel it I’ll lose the final selling fee that they have already taken and get some kind of markdown for pulling out . Also if I cancel the only option given is to refund the buyer even though he never paid in the first place . The cynic in me thinks it’s an attempt at a scamming me . I’ll close my account and unlink my pay pal and bank account before I give him any money . Anyone had anything like this before and would I be better leaving it a couple of days and putting him down as a non paying buyer so I’ll at least get my fees back . 

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's a resolution section, and from what I see, you shouldn't lose anything if you follow the procedure, and can re-list the item. The non-buyer will have it recorded on his account. Chee

Can you send me the reel ,just want to have a look ? 

Report it to eBay and ask for a refund for your costs, they should sort it out,  ive had similar,  ebay is full of proverbial tyres kickers.  Edit to add  I presume you did all you messaging

Posted Images

Report it to eBay and ask for a refund for your costs, they should sort it out,  ive had similar,  ebay is full of proverbial tyres kickers. 

Edit to add 

I presume you did all you messaging through ebay so the proof is there?

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, kanny said:

Report it to eBay and ask for a refund for your costs, they should sort it out,  ive had similar,  ebay is full of proverbial tyres kickers. 

Edit to add 

I presume you did all you messaging through ebay so the proof is there?

It’s the first thing I’ve put on there and only did it because of the Facebook messers. 
The messages were through eBay and I’ve also screenshot and kept the email that came to notify me of the message

1 minute ago, neil r said:

It’s the first thing I’ve put on there and only did it because of the Facebook messers. 
The messages were through eBay and I’ve also screenshot and kept the email that came to notify me of the message

I've had plenty of good experiences with ebay but sadly a couple of bad ones like yours, ebay are generally pretty good at sorting it 

3 minutes ago, birchmoor said:

Just offer it to the next high bidder, or relist the reel

I’ve took it off altogether now , can’t be bothered messing about . I had the same on Facebook with someone who arranged to meet me for it and never turned up and someone who asked me to get a price for postage and then he’d send the money but then disappeared . They were the reason I put it on eBay in the first place 

Just now, kanny said:

I've had plenty of good experiences with ebay but sadly a couple of bad ones like yours, ebay are generally pretty good at sorting it 

Think it’s sorted now , my mates got some concierge service thing with them  and rang them and I followed the steps they told him

1 hour ago, chartpolski said:

There's a resolution section, and from what I see, you shouldn't lose anything if you follow the procedure, and can re-list the item.

The non-buyer will have it recorded on his account.

Cheers.

I’ve had an email off eBay saying they’ll credit me the final sellers fee so hopefully it’s all sorted now . I did see the option to re list but can’t be bothered with messers so decided against it 

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, neil r said:

I’ve had an email off eBay saying they’ll credit me the final sellers fee so hopefully it’s all sorted now . I did see the option to re list but can’t be bothered with messers so decided against it 

Its your call  but my good experiences far out weigh the bad where ebay is concerned,  ive had some good touches in the past, shame your first experience wasn't a positive one. 

When dealing with the general public your always going to get the odd bad apple. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, kanny said:

Its your call  but my good experiences far out weigh the bad where ebay is concerned,  ive had some good touches in the past, shame your first experience wasn't a positive one. 

When dealing with the general public your always going to get the odd bad apple. 

My mate sells loads on there and said the same but I haven’t got the patience for it 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, neil r said:

Anyone know how things work on eBay . I sold a reel on there yesterday and someone kept outbidding other bidders and won it , every time someone bid he outbid them a second or 2 later . He  didn’t pay yesterday and at half 5 this morning messaged me and said he left the country yesterday and it was too expensive and asked me to cancel it . I had a quick look and if I’ve read it right , if I cancel it I’ll lose the final selling fee that they have already taken and get some kind of markdown for pulling out . Also if I cancel the only option given is to refund the buyer even though he never paid in the first place . The cynic in me thinks it’s an attempt at a scamming me . I’ll close my account and unlink my pay pal and bank account before I give him any money . Anyone had anything like this before and would I be better leaving it a couple of days and putting him down as a non paying buyer so I’ll at least get my fees back . 

What reel is it?