Len ginger french

1 minute ago, tatsblisters said:

I wonder who bred that whippet x springer in the clip i remember some lads from Rotherham having the cross for bushing dogs in the 70s bred by a farmer in Hertfordshire .

i would not have a clue tats  did they make handy dogs?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

tell you what...if hes up there looking down on us....he will be so pissed he missed the the prices dogs are fetching right now....lol

Posted Images

23 hours ago, breeze said:

Met him a fair few times over the years, like as been said, always up for a laugh and abit of banter. 

Jack Hargreaves ( out of country) did a visit on Len. He was showing Jack his many dogs 1 by 1. Wonder if anyone could find a link to it ? 

Looks like he had a dog for every occasion lol

On 14/02/2021 at 16:02, Penda said:

I bought a dog off old ginger when I was in my teens saluki whippet right character he was my pals used to buy these wormers off him they were called hour on the park literally give um yah dog with in an hour get on the park with a new paper in yah hand it was like a pasta machine 

Yer used to buy them wormers off him at welsh game fair he d turn up wit an estate car and trailer on back full of pups and saplings lads would flock to him a right character them. Wormers he’d call gobstoppers big purple balls fire them down neck and stand well back ??

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, taffey said:

Yer used to buy them wormers off him at welsh game fair he d turn up wit an estate car and trailer on back full of pups and saplings lads would flock to him a right character them. Wormers he’d call gobstoppers big purple balls fire them down neck and stand well back ??

These were big white things I remember a pal of mine bought a load of them off him went out on the piss one Saturday the dogs only ate a whole tub of them the fuckers were throthing at the mouth eyes rolled back the lot 2 patterdale pups in a right state they reckon 

11 minutes ago, Penda said:

These were big white things I remember a pal of mine bought a load of them off him went out on the piss one Saturday the dogs only ate a whole tub of them the fuckers were throthing at the mouth eyes rolled back the lot 2 patterdale pups in a right state they reckon 

???would nt need wormed fit a year ??

Len was a character that’s for sure, knew him 30 odd years. He used to make me cringe with some of the things he said. Get on YouTube and look for “ racism at the heythrop Hunt “ the other old boy with the beard in video has passed to now, Danny lough-Scott. When len and Danny hunted together I’d always stop to have a chat, my sides would be splitting laughing at them. RIP to both.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Luke, React Fraggle & "Thats the Terrminatttooorr boy" are some of the dogs that spring to mind, as i think of old Len...

Them red terriers were off Parks Mick, Terminator was out of Ed Reids dogs, React Fraggle (the Waterloo Cup winner) cost him between 14 and 17 grand depending who he was talking too BUT that said, some bloody decent dogs came off him and how else would the average lurcherman put a Cup winning greyhound over their bitch...?

Everything was for sale, every pup had a story behind the litter and liberties were challenged by how his son was in the SAS.

Like Tomo said, Len French would brighten your day. I always enjoyed a chat.

They don't make em like Len anymore...

On ‎13‎/‎02‎/‎2021 at 22:15, Loton Moocher said:

Did Anyone know him 

He sold me and a mate,saluki hybrids,took the payment and never sent the mutts,early 80,s.The lad from Blackburn that came back with a littermate,that lurcher made the theft of our brass easier to accept,it was a turd.