Len ginger french

3 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

Ye that he punted out for stud as a pure saluki. I spoke to him once over the phone he was a character no doubt about that.

It was a pure saluki mate he got it of the Stanley’s they’d bought a couple from me old man ?? 

• Like 1

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

tell you what...if hes up there looking down on us....he will be so pissed he missed the the prices dogs are fetching right now....lol

Posted Images

49 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

How was it bred mate coursing bred or lurcher 

Coursing bred dog. The dam was called silky, the sire was supposed to be Tom Murray’s Smokey. My dog was a decent coursing dog, but he took pretty much everything both day and night and worked with the terriers and ferrets too. He was very well trained to. 

I remember the C W whippetxgreyhound adverts in SN. Call me cynical but people would get featured in articles extolling the virtues of the great dogs that they were breeding and a few weeks later their adds would start to appear every week in classified section. Not saying his breed was no good, never seen 1.

13 minutes ago, Loton Moocher said:

Carl Williams that’s a blast from the past , was it whippets he had Fred ?

I think they were grews. sure he advertised a stud dog called bow? only one I met was George Kelly. 

Edited by fred90
Just now, Loton Moocher said:

He was from brownhills staffs did whippet / beddy types if I remember right 

Yes I had a little blue bitch off him only 18tts. remember taking her to a old gravel pit, loads of setts but majority held nothing, lads got fed up netting up for nothing. we got 10 out of 10 different setts and the little dog marked all 10 rabbits. 

• Like 3

I bought a dog off old ginger when I was in my teens saluki whippet right character he was my pals used to buy these wormers off him they were called hour on the park literally give um yah dog with in an hour get on the park with a new paper in yah hand it was like a pasta machine 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4