Razor - RIP

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello All,   Had a short chat with Snoop earlier and unfortunately Razor left us last week.   This special dog was born on 4th Sept 2008.   Provided one man with 6 long h

R.I.P Razor lad,keep them busy on them there big pastures in the sky,run fast & run free ..I have a son of Razor who will be 9 years old this October,he's been a fair servant to me,the dog has no

I don't worry what other people think about my dogs . ( I used to ) but not anymore there's only one person who needs to be happy .  and if you ain't happy then you do something about it. ra

Posted Images

6 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I had a lovely big dog straight out of one of luckys earliest litters. 

he was out of a half cross quick kill bitch and could kill in fields up the hill ?and on the a 1 . 

He was measured behind a hare , quick to shut down and very good in fields from the van or you could put him in to hunt up himself . Easily my best hare dog on the lamp as well . 

he had a proper engine and when he was in third to forth would leave stuff for dead. But If the ground was wet he wasn’t worth a bowl of food . 

after him I thought I’d struggle with getting a good hare diogwhen I was given a collie to buddy stuff dog . The difference was like night and day . 

If I wanted a killer of hares , it would have to be buddy stuff for me as it’s just totally effortless . 

anyway these dogs are all old news now , dead and buried . 

there’s better dogs on the fen than these ever were 

Better than the likes of lucky, bulldozer, buddy? 

What dogs would you say are better? 

I've had lucky bred dogs and weren't too bad not world beaters but we're good sport dogs and I've also had dogs buddy bred one direct out of buddy and not much in them to be honest the buddy dog was thick as fcuck and used to nearly bend himself in half shivering. The lucky bred dog was a bit thicker set and that but Hardier in the wet and cold. Would I have another out of them probably but look at the old lines they're nearly all related one way or another I've a 5 month old pup here that seems sharper than the others I've had at 12 month

• Like 2

My razor bred stuff.

Veet.... the first pup to ever come from razor to my old benji bitch.  Agressive killer and could stick to them like glue. We put some miles in and ran some of the best land. Probably the best I'll ever own, unfortunately cancer got her at the end of her third season.

Maggie.... shes out of Jacobs troy ( razor x lamping bitza bitch)put back to his own daughter. A proper local all rounder, find game where you don't think there is any, kills a very high percentage on the lamp and would run through a brick wall for her quarry. Nothing flash but a nice handy animal to have around.

bic... hes razor x pure saluki -26.5" 55lb at 7 month old. Sings like madona, trips over his own feet and spends his life winding the other dogs up. On the other hand he's steady, stock broken, great recall and seems to have a bit of speed about him. See what next season brings. He's got big boots to fill

Screenshot_20210215-200340_Messenger.jpg

8W3A8801.JPG

Screenshot_20210215-202749_WhatsApp.jpg

Screenshot_20201219-153350_Currents.jpg

• Like 12
12 minutes ago, Kalibrgun said:

I've had lucky bred dogs and weren't too bad not world beaters but we're good sport dogs and I've also had dogs buddy bred one direct out of buddy and not much in them to be honest the buddy dog was thick as fcuck and used to nearly bend himself in half shivering. The lucky bred dog was a bit thicker set and that but Hardier in the wet and cold. Would I have another out of them probably but look at the old lines they're nearly all related one way or another I've a 5 month old pup here that seems sharper than the others I've had at 12 month

You've just said the opposite of what was posted earlier. 

At the end of the day one dog off a certain animal doesn't define the dog. 

All I can say is what I see with my own eyes and from the tapes lucky is the best I've seen on hares.

5 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

You've just said the opposite of what was posted earlier. 

At the end of the day one dog off a certain animal doesn't define the dog. 

All I can say is what I see with my own eyes and from the tapes lucky is the best I've seen on hares.

Ive had a few off lucky and couple buddy bred and saw lucky run in the flesh yeah he was a decent dog but in my opinion his name blew way outta proportion a bit like the chalky and the boys gimmick blowing trumpets out of each others dogs arses. 

The razor bred bitch my pal has there is by far a better animal than the buddy and lucky stuff I've seen and owned. The razor bitch is sharper up and at em and a lot stronger running when its bottomless wet and plenty of fuel in her tank for 4/5/6 runs Dec Jan time. 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Kalibrgun said:

Ive had a few off lucky and couple buddy bred and saw lucky run in the flesh yeah he was a decent dog but in my opinion his name blew way outta proportion a bit like the chalky and the boys gimmick blowing trumpets out of each others dogs arses. 

The razor bred bitch my pal has there is by far a better animal than the buddy and lucky stuff I've seen and owned. The razor bitch is sharper up and at em and a lot stronger running when its bottomless wet and plenty of fuel in her tank for 4/5/6 runs Dec Jan time. 

Fcuk that shite! 

Hate stuff like that, you have to be honest with the dogs IMO. 

• Like 1
Just now, Greb147 said:

Fcuk that shite! 

Hate stuff like that, you have to be honest with the dogs IMO. 

I've said it before to lads start lying about your dog your only lying to yourself or if my dogs miss or have a shite day I'll say it and not make excuses for the dog 

• Like 3
49 minutes ago, goshawking719 said:

My razor bred stuff.

Veet.... the first pup to ever come from razor to my old benji bitch.  Agressive killer and could stick to them like glue. We put some miles in and ran some of the best land. Probably the best I'll ever own, unfortunately cancer got her at the end of her third season.

Maggie.... shes out of Jacobs troy ( razor x lamping bitza bitch)put back to his own daughter. A proper local all rounder, find game where you don't think there is any, kills a very high percentage on the lamp and would run through a brick wall for her quarry. Nothing flash but a nice handy animal to have around.

bic... hes razor x pure saluki -26.5" 55lb at 7 month old. Sings like madona, trips over his own feet and spends his life winding the other dogs up. On the other hand he's steady, stock broken, great recall and seems to have a bit of speed about him. See what next season brings. He's got big boots to fill

Screenshot_20210215-200340_Messenger.jpg

8W3A8801.JPG

Screenshot_20210215-202749_WhatsApp.jpg

Screenshot_20201219-153350_Currents.jpg

Wish I got to see Veet before she was safely taken mate!

you got a nice pair in Maggie and Bic to keep you busy!! Can’t wait to get out with them next season with Freddy!

35 minutes ago, Kalibrgun said:

Never saw lucky in flesh but even on tapes he killed 100s a hares mate joint winner in the foley dog was class no doubt about it 

only seen a few chalky boys but some class amongst them big warrior bulldozer love that Kim bitch few a robins tidy Tilly tidy plus more mate plenty a quality on there 

• Like 1