Trail Cam Settings?

I suspect you have a dodgy camera and the pics are bad because it's dodgy, not because it's Chinese. If you got a new one the same make it might be perfect but it might not be. I bought a chinese camera to replace my Bushnell when it died and it was terrible, but I've heard reports people with the same make having no problems.

I just reckon the percentage  of duff cameras per production run is higher with the cheaper ones. I got a Browning in the end and it's spot on. I think it was just over £100.

On 25/03/2021 at 07:20, ands said:

Checkout Pakatak for batteries.

Ands; Don't know how I missed this. But, hell, yeah! Thanks!

Just been pricing up those rechargeable's they suggest. That made my eyes water. But, when I saw the price if the (Top of the range) Charger?!? :icon_eek: Fukk Me!!!

Then again though; I've just brought in my cam.Second night running it's filmed me, mincing around in front of it, as I put their food down. Then, it gets One more clip. Period!

Now, last night, I tested every fukking battery I have in the place. (That's a Lot!) Three boxes of a dozen or so. All opened. I can only assume then I've used them before and have put them back as they've started failing me?

Yet Two testers are sating these are 'Normal', rather than 'High'. I changed out for a 'new' set of eight 'Normal' batteries, last night. Complete waste of fukking time. (I wish to christ I had something else here that ran on AA's!)

All's said and done though? Looks like I can pay as much, for those batteries and charger, as I could for a cheaper cam? But, buying another cam would solve fukk all.

As that site says, and my bitter experience is showing; Alkaline batteries are a waste of time and money!

Christ, this is gonna bruise the pension! But, needs must ?

Well, this is getting scary!

Sitting here, thinking: What about an electric power source? It must be well less than fifty foot, from the nearest plug socket to where I hang the cam.

That's how come I was looking at the manual. And I spotted that it says there's a light which flashed Blue, when the batteries are low?

Well, I just stared at the front of the cam, on all three settings. Light blinked all right. But, it was distinctly Red! The hell's That supposed to mean???

5 hours ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Ands; Don't know how I missed this. But, hell, yeah! Thanks!

Just been pricing up those rechargeable's they suggest. That made my eyes water. But, when I saw the price if the (Top of the range) Charger?!? :icon_eek: Fukk Me!!!

Then again though; I've just brought in my cam.Second night running it's filmed me, mincing around in front of it, as I put their food down. Then, it gets One more clip. Period!

Now, last night, I tested every fukking battery I have in the place. (That's a Lot!) Three boxes of a dozen or so. All opened. I can only assume then I've used them before and have put them back as they've started failing me?

Yet Two testers are sating these are 'Normal', rather than 'High'. I changed out for a 'new' set of eight 'Normal' batteries, last night. Complete waste of fukking time. (I wish to christ I had something else here that ran on AA's!)

All's said and done though? Looks like I can pay as much, for those batteries and charger, as I could for a cheaper cam? But, buying another cam would solve fukk all.

As that site says, and my bitter experience is showing; Alkaline batteries are a waste of time and money!

Christ, this is gonna bruise the pension! But, needs must ?

Look up the ikea ladda 2450mh aa rechargeable batteries- they are the boys for the trail cams.I picked one of mine up Saturday -its been set for over 3 months and a hell of a walk out to get it-poxy mountain ponies (i've never seen them that far out before!)had knocked it over fairly soon after i set it(bloody well fixed to with strong wires).Over 7000 photos of-ponies and sky lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Okay. Cheers, Ands. I've sent for eight of those Ikea batteries and an Eneloop charger.

Charger's fukking brutal (Guts of forty quid!) But, it really does seem world class. I hate rechargeable's. But, this thing should resolve much of Why I hate them.

Not sure what I'm gonna do till they all get here now. Filming my foxes has become the focus of my life lately. But, just Two clips, for two consecutive nights? Is it even worth putting it out there?!

Happens, Katch; I've been looking at wires. They exist. They're no way expensive. I'm just too head fukked, right now, to comfortably follow it all through. Lots of techy little details for me to ferret through

But, yeah; I found 'basically' what I'd need; 20 yards for twenty quid! Fukk yeah! Oh! Here we are.

But, I need to certify some nitty gritty details, and I've had enough for one day.

Plus, I'm pretty sure to want another cam. And it'll be handy to have the ability to stick one anywhere I want. That'll be the battery one. For my fox watching though? Mains powered just makes sense :)

6 hours ago, MH1 said:

How do you mount/place the cameras so they don't fall over?

The cameras usually come with a strap thats only good for fixing to a tree, i swap the strap for strong line (a furry long net line) and try to put them high out of knockable reach(hide the string ends birds pull them undone). Sheep seem strangely attracted to them i had one they knocked over and still had a thousand pics of sheep looking down into one lol. I sometimes use wires too, the old butterfly wall ties unfolded are perfect when you know their going to get bumped. And if you use nuts or something to attract stuff in the badgers seem to end up rooting under your cam!Over the last year or so ive had one found and stamped on,one found batteries and sd card taken out and three bumped so lots of sky or grass pics-good luck MH11662542130_fencecam.JPG.6e9a98db868faf534f06c27caf2551b8.JPG

trail cam spot 15:8:14.JPG

• Like 1
6 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

I plan on using a couple steel spikes in ground with the back me axe to hold one, just need to pick a camera an now the battery situation is putting me off ? I hate battery’s so much so I don’t buy kids any present unless it’s recharable. I spent first few years of being a father scouring Paki shop shelf’s for battery’s on crimbo morning to drive most folk to drugs ? kids presents with no battery’s is a sure way to ruin crimbo ?‍♂️ Magine walking towards your camera an seeing summat or finding some runs to the camera an just knowing summat awesome had been there, an then having no proof cos batteries were flat☹️ I can say with hand on heart, I’d jump all over camera ?

Did you never have a five finger discount on these? ?

10x-Military-AA-Battery-LR6-15V-Industrial-Varta-Exp-2022-NATO-Army-Batteries-322810609073-2.jpeg.jpg

1 hour ago, ands said:

The cameras usually come with a strap thats only good for fixing to a tree, i swap the strap for strong line (a furry long net line) and try to put them high out of knockable reach(hide the string ends birds pull them undone). Sheep seem strangely attracted to them i had one they knocked over and still had a thousand pics of sheep looking down into one lol. I sometimes use wires too, the old butterfly wall ties unfolded are perfect when you know their going to get bumped. And if you use nuts or something to attract stuff in the badgers seem to end up rooting under your cam!Over the last year or so ive had one found and stamped on,one found batteries and sd card taken out and three bumped so lots of sky or grass pics-good luck MH11662542130_fencecam.JPG.6e9a98db868faf534f06c27caf2551b8.JPG

trail cam spot 15:8:14.JPG

Great mate, cheers. Suppose the wires and putting them somewhere out of the way would be best!