Any one do Crypto currencies?

As above. Anyone here got any money in it?. I got money in the bank that's just sitting there earning jack shit. Crypto is doing really well. There are many different currencies but if you just take Bitcoin, the most well known, it was $10,000 a coin july 2020 and today it's up to $47,222. Last week, 8th feb, Elon Musk and Tesla made announcements of investments in to Bitcoin and will now take Bitcoin as an acceptance of payment. Today Mastercard and BNY Mellon will accept Bitcoin. Seems it's the way to go.

Not dabbled myself but everyone I know who does seems to become totally obsessed with it and spends their every waking hour looking after it .

They seem to like to rattle figures about but I never see them get anything actually tangible out of it. 

I don't particularly have a great understanding of it all tbh but the old saying  "if something seems to good to be true..." comes to mind

• Like 7
2 hours ago, chartpolski said:

I can't see the worlds banking system allowing a "currency" they can't control become, or even overtake "normal money" .

I can see another "south sea bubble" !

Cheers.

One of the main promoters of bitcoin is a lady called Bettina Warburg (same name as the sister of the guy who thought up the U.S Federal Reserve)_ for that reason alone I wouldn't trust it one bit. I think the Euro will fail sooner rather than later - and these cryptos will be the only option left ( accidentally on purpose). All a further move towards a cashless society/nanny state.

18 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

When Bitcoin first started around 2009-10 they were around a £1 each or maybe a tad less.

Plenty Will if bought £100 quids worth for the craic and now sitting pretty on 

4 million quid ?

They didn't cost anything.

It was basically a computer game where you solved problems to be able to "mine" bitcoin, then people started selling and trading what they "mined"

Cheers.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, tinytiger said:

One of the main promoters of bitcoin is a lady called Bettina Warburg (same name as the sister of the guy who thought up the U.S Federal Reserve)_ for that reason alone I wouldn't trust it one bit. I think the Euro will fail sooner rather than later - and these cryptos will be the only option left ( accidentally on purpose). All a further move towards a cashless society/nanny state.

I know bitcoin can be traded on FOREX, but to be honest, I get a headache trying to work it out ! 

You have to buy a "hard currency" with your bitcoin, then you can trade your usd for yen or whatever, then when you cash out, your usd may have gained on the yen, but the bitcoin may have surged ahead, but you get paid out on your origional bitcoin rate, so you lose out ?

I'll stick to gold ! ? !

Cheers.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

On cex you can trade btc for gbp and cash out. Now it is through the roof is not the time to buy obviously. The gains can be quite some thing when it goes up over a grand in a day or down. My £55 don't know if its coming or going lol. Like a lot when my mate suggested we buy some when it was about 40 quid I really wish I had  

CEX.IO

Buy and sell Bitcoins for USD or EUR with payment cards or via bank transfers easily. Get into Bitcoin Trading on the worldwide Bitcoin Exchange.

you  

2 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

There you go then even cheaper .

Something like 80-90% of the original Bitcoin have been mined in 10 years or so but they reckon the remaining will take something like 100 years to mine ?

Why I don’t know ?

Probably cost ?

I don't really understand it, Max.

How something that was a prize on a computer game can become worth almost $50,000 dollars is way beyond my ken !

Maybe I can sell my battle tiger or sword of Azamov I got on online Dungeons & Dragons for one Chartcoin, and become a billionaire?

I still think it will end in tears !

Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think its the difficulty level the more miners the harder it gets. I have mined other coins that are worth sod all adn when they first come come out it is pretty easy and the more people get mining the hard it gets. So with bitcoin unless have a vast amount of hardware and leccy to throw at it your wasting your time mining 

• Like 1