Lepto jab

Lads we’ve tried a few bitchs in the last year to breed. They are coming in heat fine waiting but the dogs aren’t able to mount them properly. We’ve tried multiple dogs aswell. We gave a neighbor a service of his bitch no problems, so we are thinking our bitches have leptospirosis. Just wondering whats the best thing to do? Does a vaccine work on older bitches?

15 minutes ago, Sf94 said:

Lads we’ve tried a few bitchs in the last year to breed. They are coming in heat fine waiting but the dogs aren’t able to mount them properly. We’ve tried multiple dogs aswell. We gave a neighbor a service of his bitch no problems, so we are thinking our bitches have leptospirosis. Just wondering whats the best thing to do? Does a vaccine work on older bitches?

If your bitches had lepto they would be dead ........

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
On 23/04/2021 at 22:51, dytkos said:

For sake of the cost of a few beers it's a no brainer, get em jabbed.

Cheers, D.

Yeah definitely....but my question was....full monty or just tell em lepto only? 

178 quid for 2 dogs, full jabs and wormer 

1 hour ago, DIDO.1 said:

Yeah definitely....but my question was....full monty or just tell em lepto only? 

After about twenty odd years of only ever getting the initial jabs and one booster, I changed my policy last year. I'd always believed all the anti-jab advice when it came to dogs but realized I was in favour of it when it came to my kids. I then watched a feature on herd immunity on Operation Ouch (my kids love watching it, it's like full on no holds barred gory body talk on CBBC) and decided to go back to my vet and ask for more details about jabs etc. He told me that things have moved on a lot since a few years ago, when we were all advised to jab them for everything every year. He went on to recommend annual lepto and everything else every four or five years. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Neal said:

After about twenty odd years of only ever getting the initial jabs and one booster, I changed my policy last year. I'd always believed all the anti-jab advice when it came to dogs but realized I was in favour of it when it came to my kids. I then watched a feature on herd immunity on Operation Ouch (my kids love watching it, it's like full on no holds barred gory body talk on CBBC) and decided to go back to my vet and ask for more details about jabs etc. He told me that things have moved on a lot since a few years ago, when we were all advised to jab them for everything every year. He went on to recommend annual lepto and everything else every four or five years. 

My vet only recommended lepto jab yearly. Only because there working dogs. He said if they was lap dogs he wouldn’t bother 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

£74 for full vacation at Vets4pets at Durham for 2 dogs and I mean both jabs 2 dogs.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

£48 per dog here, full jabs but not wormers 

Cheers, D.

• Like 1