Lepto jab

I've never given a dog a booster once they have had their puppy jabs. Now the vets mithering that they are due boosters or they get taken off the books. I'm not really that arsed about being on their books as it only means they send you reminders anyway. My question is with the dogs working in absolute shit holes with dampness and rat shitte is it worth getting em jabbed for Lepto, and if so I might as well get the full boosters no? 

I've been worming em with Bulgarian worming tablets I got for a quid each but now and again I like to give em a quality one and I like the tablet flea treatment the vet has.... So what's the opinion? Send em in for the full monty or try and keep vet fees down with just a lepto jab if anything. 

I fckin hate vets. My ex was a vet, the spoiled self righteous whore 

• Haha 7

My vet was part of a world wide inoculation study that determined dogs do not need the parvo booster and in some cases can result in the deaths of dogs. He now tells his clients that their dogs don’t need the booster and has stopped sending out reminders. BUT he advices people like me, farmers etc to have the parvo jab every 2 years as the efficacy wears off and the disease mutates meaning you need to have a new jab every two years. 

• Like 4

It’s entirely up to you mate an what sits well with you??I had a young bitch die of leptospirosis it was fecking horrible an hart breaking she was a home bred bitch that I’d watched come in to the world id put all my time an energy in to training the bitch to a high level I still think to this day that that bitch was destined to be my world beater/once in a life time dog her life was cut short at 11months old due to lepto she was jabbed up to date for lepto the jab is a type 2 or type 4 jab that covers 2 of the most common strains or 4 of the most common strains but it’s depending on what the vets using there’s something like 13-14 strains of lepto my bitch was unlucky. My current young bitch had her first lot of jabs Pup jabs she’s had no jabs since 

• Like 3

I’ve been told off a vet if you are doing a lot of ratting to get the leptospirosis jab every year to keep them covered.But Ive seen good digging dogs die because they’ve never had it after there puppy jabs as they’ve been to much of a state from digging to be asked 20 questions off the vet about there looks.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 13/02/2021 at 09:23, socks said:

My vet was part of a world wide inoculation study that determined dogs do not need the parvo booster and in some cases can result in the deaths of dogs. He now tells his clients that their dogs don’t need the booster and has stopped sending out reminders. BUT he advices people like me, farmers etc to have the parvo jab every 2 years as the efficacy wears off and the disease mutates meaning you need to have a new jab every two years. 

My vet said pretty much the same i.e. inoculations studies have moved on and he now recommends lepto jab annually and the others every four or five years.

I get the lepto jab yearly just for my peace of mind got a little bitch here had a mild dose of it at 5 months old she only pulled through because she had been jabbed a few months before so the lepto jabs a no brainer for me as I do quite a bit of ratting but I know a lab died in 3 days licking a feed bag a rat had pissed on 

On 13/02/2021 at 10:05, poxon said:

It’s entirely up to you mate an what sits well with you??I had a young bitch die of leptospirosis it was fecking horrible an hart breaking she was a home bred bitch that I’d watched come in to the world id put all my time an energy in to training the bitch to a high level I still think to this day that that bitch was destined to be my world beater/once in a life time dog her life was cut short at 11months old due to lepto she was jabbed up to date for lepto the jab is a type 2 or type 4 jab that covers 2 of the most common strains or 4 of the most common strains but it’s depending on what the vets using there’s something like 13-14 strains of lepto my bitch was unlucky. My current young bitch had her first lot of jabs Pup jabs she’s had no jabs since 

Was the same with that whippet you’ve heard me talk about he was jabbed up for lepro yet it still killed him , and yes it’s not a nice way to go , and the lad wasn’t even allowed to bury him , also cost as lot of money tryin to save him but was all in vain .

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
3 hours ago, Loton Moocher said:

Was the same with that whippet you’ve heard me talk about he was jabbed up for lepro yet it still killed him , and yes it’s not a nice way to go , and the lad wasn’t even allowed to bury him , also cost as lot of money tryin to save him but was all in vain .

Not nice at all mate