WHEN THINGS GO REALLY WRONG

2 weeks back, I brought my old chocolate bitch into the house... Mrs threw her a piece of meat... She started choking... Spent 10 minutes trying to dislodge it... Her eyes rolled over and she was gone.. Got to the vets, was kicking f**k out the door for an answer... Managed to get her to throw it up.... She was unsteady on her feet but came around...they checked her over for me.. I would of been gutted to of lost her like that? she been through the wars... Any other dog would of kicked it on the kitchen floor?

Tiny Temper... post-99494-0-51286800-1490534658_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lost my bitch today. Worked a fox for an hour at 3.5m. no drama , ready to dig to a steady mark. help at hand if I needed it..... cheers rat face. she wobbled out and fox wobbled o

2 weeks back, I brought my old chocolate bitch into the house... Mrs threw her a piece of meat... She started choking... Spent 10 minutes trying to dislodge it... Her eyes rolled over and she was gone

I know that feeling mate and it gets to you to,I lost a cracking border dog like that in this hard snow,took ages to find him and once I broke through he was stiff in front of a pair of foxes.Feel it

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

He went doing what he loved?still a bitter pill to swallow though bud?

I can remember it like yesterday mate,my oldest son at the time was 14yrs old and my mate off the hunt.It was blizzarding like owt and you couldn’t hardly see.I walked past the same earth for about 6 yrs everyday and it was that tight he couldn’t get his big head in the hole never mind owt else,anyway this morning I watched him run down the line straight to the earth and that was it he was in.Got a mark and within 20mins he was dead my young border dog was only 11mths old and just starting to show interest.Normally I won’t even let a pup near the hole at that age but when I broke through and pulled him out stiff,the young dog was going nuts so he done the job.

25 minutes ago, lurchers said:

I can remember it like yesterday mate,my oldest son at the time was 14yrs old and my mate off the hunt.It was blizzarding like owt and you couldn’t hardly see.I walked past the same earth for about 6 yrs everyday and it was that tight he couldn’t get his big head in the hole never mind owt else,anyway this morning I watched him run down the line straight to the earth and that was it he was in.Got a mark and within 20mins he was dead my young border dog was only 11mths old and just starting to show interest.Normally I won’t even let a pup near the hole at that age but when I broke through and pulled him out stiff,the young dog was going nuts so he done the job.

Lost a mates bitch yrs back in a real easy place we had dug loads of times...started loads of young dogs there.. She was only in there 10 mins max... Broke through and could see the top of her head not moving.... Knew straight away she had expired ?.. I put it down to the young lads we had with us, jumping in the hole wanting a go on the banjo.... Lesson learnt on our part?

• Like 1

All ways a bitter pill to swallow :( Lost a lurcher once in his prime one night and I couldn't face another pup for years. I just bought in an adult dog. Evening thinking about it now about 32 years ago he pulled him self out of the bloody great ditch and flew back to my side in an instant as he all ways did only to keel over. But its what they do

Heart in your mouth always with working bred dogs, especially terriers and fast dogs. 

I'd hazard I've nearly had a dead dog 8-9 times over the last 12 years. I guess I've just been lucky. This dickhead has smashed into things, nearly ran off a cliff etc. Tbh I'm not even sure how he's still walking around sometimes, he has more scars than an Indonesian adulterer ?

• 3 weeks later...