Snow coursing .

personally i think theres two many variables to say a straight  no...

first of all is it just one for the pot with an avrage lurcher...and the owner is just taking advantage of the conditions....with a dog that otherwise might not catch a hare....cant see a problem with that so long as nobody is trying to pull the wool over someones eyes ...

if its just a light dusting of snow....in that case it makes little difference ...its the depth of the snow thats the key...

if someone was trying to make out there top coursing dog was doing the biz ....and it was deep snow....well there just fooling thereselfs anybody with a bit of experience can tell the difference

• Like 8

just watched the clip now....

actually that snow wasnt that deep......i cant really say i like 4 dogs on a hare though....2 is ok....but better with just the one....i would like to think that hare gave them bozio a clean pair of heels

• Like 2

Very dangerous and stupid in my opinion,  you cannt see what's hidden beneath , what's the point in risking killing your dog for one run! It's a long game not a short cut!

Edited by jpt

as for taking advantage....a field not 200 yard from my front door has had a brace of hares on it quite a lot reacently ....theres 3 ditch crossings to this field....my plan is to put 3 stop nets on here....and take one if i can with my 7 year old lurcher in the next week or so......

sporting??? well perhaps not in the purist persuit of the hare....however as an old poacher...it will be a bit of fun.....ive tried once and drew a blank....but i will try again

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
4 minutes ago, jpt said:

Very dangerous and stupid in my opinion,  you cannt see what's hidden beneath , what's the point in risking killing your dog for one run! It's a long game not a short cut!

As daft as her......

Screenshot_20210210-220250_Chrome.jpg

You normally no what land your running even what’s crop or plough when your out there walking dogs doing flips we’ve all convinced ourselves it will be ok then had to sort sore feet part of having a running dog 

5 minutes ago, TOMO said:

as for taking advantage....a field not 200 yard from my front door has had a brace of hares on it quite a lot reacently ....theres 3 ditch crossings to this field....my plan is to put 3 stop nets on here....and take one if i can with my 7 year old lurcher in the next week or so......

sporting??? well perhaps not in the purist persuit of the hare....however as an old poacher...it will be a bit of fun.....ive tried once and drew a blank....but i will try again

Might have a hard time there tomo hare not to bothered about jumping swimming a dyke lol 

6 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

Might have a hard time there tomo hare not to bothered about jumping swimming a dyke lol 

ive ran them with the dog already....there using the gate crossings....just my old dog dont stand a chance ...so im going to even up the odds if i can...

• Like 1
1 minute ago, mC HULL said:

I love it when a plan comes together lol if you pull it off let us no how you get on 

well yeh thats just it....i can talk a good talk on here....but we will see if i can walk the walk as they say...lol

you know what nature is like...

20 minutes ago, TOMO said:

In my opinion netting a hare is as sporting a pursuit as coursing one and if you do enough until the dog begins to understand what's actually going on, instead of just chasing and getting lucky....... well that's when it really starts to get interesting.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Maximus Ferret said:

In my opinion netting a hare is as sporting a pursuit as coursing one and if you do enough until the dog begins to understand what's actually going on, instead of just chasing and getting lucky....... well that's when it really starts to get interesting.

i think in my case mate ...it will be a case of the dog chasing and getting lucky ..lol