New workers needed after daring escape

Hi guys. Bit of along shot, but here goes. 

2 of our ferrets made an escape through the world's smallest hole that they have been carefully constructing under cover of darkness. That leaves us with just the one..... And a couple of pretty angry kids to deal with?. If anyone in Scotland or even North of England is looking to shift a few then please feel free to get in touch. As they've been gone over 48 hours things ain't looking great

Davie

Before you get any more ferrets make sure you fix up the hole so you don’t loose any more. It’s happened to me years ago now all my cages are made of steel and very fin mesh. I do at the moment have one very smart and cheeky female ferret who is very tiny and will put her paw through the mesh and play with the lock to get out. But she will only do this when I am not around but when I tie the door up with wire she won’t even try. For the loss of your two ferrets I am sorry to hear as it’s like loosing your bet hunting buddies. If you lived in Australia I would be more than happy to help you out as this year there seems to be an overflow of ferrets on the market. 

This is just a hand full on what we have. We are not into ferret farming for money but for some reason most of the does come into season very early and then went back into season again for the second time it has being a very strange year for the ferrets. Please don’t take it wrong we do not do this like a puppy farm. And if you are wondering how much they eat we need 3 dears a fortnight minced up to feed them and that is before the rabbits and chicken mince on top. They are very well looked after and when people call to by if we don’t think they are suited to own a ferret they don’t get as they do need to go to a good home only. Some to get sold as pets others for hunting. The one thing we have noticed that not many young kids are buying them for hunting it’s mainly the old timers. 

6B5C34B6-E030-41E8-B772-63E1D1CA24BC.png

BBEFE387-A86F-4ED5-BB7A-352E613D4FE4.png

11 hours ago, Guss33 said:

This is just a hand full on what we have. We are not into ferret farming for money but for some reason most of the does come into season very early and then went back into season again for the second time it has being a very strange year for the ferrets. Please don’t take it wrong we do not do this like a puppy farm. And if you are wondering how much they eat we need 3 dears a fortnight minced up to feed them and that is before the rabbits and chicken mince on top. They are very well looked after and when people call to by if we don’t think they are suited to own a ferret they don’t get as they do need to go to a good home only. Some to get sold as pets others for hunting. The one thing we have noticed that not many young kids are buying them for hunting it’s mainly the old timers. 

6B5C34B6-E030-41E8-B772-63E1D1CA24BC.png

BBEFE387-A86F-4ED5-BB7A-352E613D4FE4.png

I take it you spend an awful lot of time handling that crew, god bless your patience lol how many fingers on each hand do you have left lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Feed them well and be loyal to your animals and they will be loyal to you and I still have all my fingers. My farther often said to me if you get home late and you are hungery feed your pets first as they can’t go to the pantry and get there dinner. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Guss33 said:

Just out of interest we’re you saw the 100 or so ferrets was that in whittlesea by any chance Aussie whip.  As their is an old timer up this way who is 87 years old and still going strong ??

It was at Windsor but the bloke, now very old is still breeds them I've heard. His ferrets were never handled and that inbred they were total nut jobs. Ferrets were hard to come by in Sydney back then so I bought two not knowing much about them at the time. I've had ferrets since that were not handled but they have come good after a bit of attention. There was no taming those hillbilly ferrets, lol.

• Haha 1

I always find that tame parents breed tame offspring. I’ve had litters I’ve barley handled that we’re still pretty tame but nothing beats kits handled daily from a young age. Pair I’ve got I bred in the summer were excessively handled (lockdown f all else to do) and I honestly don’t think either has so much as nipped me and both work well, the hob will actually come when called when out ferreting if he is in the mood! 

• Like 4