Freezer Storage Containers?

Fukk me, here we go again! ?

So, I want to freeze what I'd hope to be a growing amount and variety of basically curry related grub in my freezer. Right? Idea being I could make more than I need portions at once ~ it can be a little bit involved ~ and store up future reserves. Fair enough?

I've done my own head work and figured the local takeaway has it weighed off. Those standard, silver foil tubs they use? Curry in one. Rice in another? Bang! There's the portion size then ;)

Only, 1. What size is that? 2. No way I'm using chuck away shit! 3. Plastic, or glass? Why?

So on and so forth. Fukk Round stuff! A fukking horse knows that round, in a squared freezer, is a gross waste of space. I quite fancy a few of these 'baby food' boxes. For the stuff I'll need less of at once.

What sort of lids? Snap on? Or clip on? Anyone consider themselves a bit sorted with the old freezer game, please? Be so kind as to show a new boy the ropes? Thanks :)

I mean, look at This! Where the fukk do I start?!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I freeze in them little oblong plastic takeaway containers, pop them out when frozen then vac pack, saves having loads of containers and your reusing the few you keep. Thats just the way I've don

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Thali-Outlet-Rectangular-Microwave-Containers/dp/B00J1KPEA6/ref=pd_lpo_201_img_1/257-2953221-9383326?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00J1KPEA6&pd_rd_r=6709a0c7-7e06-4cdf-8680-

Trouble is over here it will be plus 10 by tea time, no consistency ??

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Ted Newgent said:

I have just seen the temperatures back there.

why are you worrying about space? 
just store it outside is been -23 over there.

I wish it was that here

Trouble is over here it will be plus 10 by tea time, no consistency ??

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Ted Newgent said:

I have just seen the temperatures back there.

why are you worrying about space? 
just store it outside is been -23 over there.

I wish it was that here

Unless he lives in braemar in Scotland it is not -23c. And that was only overnight.  Down south we were forecast  for heavy snow and high winds. Yep the forecast was correct, we did get some snow and wind  but the snow was wet slushy stuff and didn't amount to much.. every day the sun has come out and the snow has melted.  Not very warm but hardly suitable for freezing. Slight concern about storing frozen food in aluminium loñg term due to inter reaction especially if the food is acidic and corrosion of the ally. Stuff that you buy in those ally coñtainers from the chinky ain't ment for long term storage.  ( buy it, eat it chuck container away.)The other thing is that if the portion size is small you need a million containers.( it depends on how much you cook up) ( we buy rice in bulk for stir fries ect. with Stuff like rice we freeze flat in bags like half inch thick so when you want some you just get a bag out and bleak it like a plate for how much you want so no waste and put the remainder Back in frezzer. If its in a block it's like a concrete brick. and if not careful small  blocks of stuff can freeze together and you can't separate them. Been there done that.

Edited by Meece
  • Like 1

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Thali-Outlet-Rectangular-Microwave-Containers/dp/B00J1KPEA6/ref=pd_lpo_201_img_1/257-2953221-9383326?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00J1KPEA6&pd_rd_r=6709a0c7-7e06-4cdf-8680-35fc863062e9&pd_rd_w=TAtui&pd_rd_wg=v2mG6&pf_rd_p=da0677f5-a47b-4543-8b54-10be576b8f26&pf_rd_r=CZSNXJ4PFB97S4HP5R6W&psc=1&refRID=CZSNXJ4PFB97S4HP5R6W

My old woman buys them in packs of 6 (including lids) for £1 in the local pound shop. They get washed and reused a number of times and are microwaveable. Obviously they are rectangular and stack well in the freezer, and they are a nice portion size i.e. takeaway size.

• Like 2

I freeze in them little oblong plastic takeaway containers, pop them out when frozen then vac pack, saves having loads of containers and your reusing the few you keep.

Thats just the way I've done it for years and its easy.

20210212_112425.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Jonjon79 said:

We use the plastic takeaway type boxes - you can get them in different sizes, usually pretty cheap.

If I make a pie, I just wrap it in the ceramic dish and put that in the freezer.

20210212_111901.jpg

Snap ? I just save a couple whenever we get a chinky.

• Like 1

I freeze my dog food in one ltr containers i used to get them from work . but during lockdown there shut i bought 100 plastic 1 litre tubs and tamper proof lids £24  and £6 postage . We bought a big load of meat for the meats and my son ordered the same only his turned out to be 40  four litre tubs after he got back to them they told him to keep them and the one litre tubs would be there next day 

Turns out theres somebody in wales who was expecting 40 multi coloured 4 litre tubs got 100 one litre tubs LOL 

42 minutes ago, Gav said:

I freeze in them little oblong plastic takeaway containers, pop them out when frozen then vac pack, saves having loads of containers and your reusing the few you keep.

Thats just the way I've done it for years and its easy.

20210212_112425.jpg

That’s the ones we use

1 hour ago, Gav said:

This! This, I like! See; I'll be avoiding all the drama and mess of trying to spoon wet stuff cleanly into plastic bags. But, avoiding a constant pile of plastic boxes! Perfect! :D

• Like 1

Which Vacuum Sealer?

Amazon's scaring the shit out of me! There's pages of them. Prices are all over the place.

What do I look for? Recommendations? Obviously, I'll examine any short list for the possibility ~ no matter how fukking slim ~ of avoiding chink shit!

Thanks.

WWW.AMAZON.CO.UK