Web Cam's ~ Anyone Know Their Shit, Please?

Sorry, lads. Maybe I should have made myself plainer?

No. It's just to keep an eye on something, daylight only, obscured from my view here. Nothing covert or pervert.

Absolutely no way I'm going down the " Wireless, remote home security " bullshit route. Been there before. It's one massive minefield till you get ripped off anyway.

Blue tooth / wireless? Dunno what this really means ?

Trail cam show's me what's Happened. I have one. I need to see what's happening.

Used to have a motion detector activated one, years and years ago. Approach my door and a little screen popped up on my screen. I'd see you before you got to knock. That's what I was thinking of.

46 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Sorry, lads. Maybe I should have made myself plainer?

No. It's just to keep an eye on something, daylight only, obscured from my view here. Nothing covert or pervert.

Absolutely no way I'm going down the " Wireless, remote home security " bullshit route. Been there before. It's one massive minefield till you get ripped off anyway.

Blue tooth / wireless? Dunno what this really means ?

Trail cam show's me what's Happened. I have one. I need to see what's happening.

Used to have a motion detector activated one, years and years ago. Approach my door and a little screen popped up on my screen. I'd see you before you got to knock. That's what I was thinking of.

look at ring doorbells, they do a motion activated one that dings and appears on screen

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looking at this one ...

WWW.AMAZON.CO.UK

All-new Ring Video Doorbell | 1080p HD video, Advanced Motion Detection, and easy installation (2nd Gen) | With 30-day free trial of Ring...

'Live View'. I could even rig a wire to it and do away with silly rechargeable's.

Thoughts?

8 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Looking at this one ...

WWW.AMAZON.CO.UK

All-new Ring Video Doorbell | 1080p HD video, Advanced Motion Detection, and easy installation (2nd Gen) | With 30-day free trial of Ring...

'Live View'. I could even rig a wire to it and do away with silly rechargeable's.

Thoughts?

thats exactly what i was talking about, my boss at work uses one and the batteries last a good year i believe mate

:icon_eek: Good god! A fukking Year?!

Ah, but, I guess that's with the postman setting it off, once a day. Plus visitors?

See; I'd like it on this Live View, so I - presumably - could sit here eyeballing it, in the corner of my computer screen, all day. I want to watch a trap, see? Get out there as soon as something goes in.

Obviously, with the trap being behind a hedge? Me nipping out there, every ten minutes to check would be an absolute disaster!

But, yeah. Under a ton and just strap it out there? Got my finger on the trigger! :D

12 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

:icon_eek: Good god! A fukking Year?!

Ah, but, I guess that's with the postman setting it off, once a day. Plus visitors?

See; I'd like it on this Live View, so I - presumably - could sit here eyeballing it, in the corner of my computer screen, all day. I want to watch a trap, see? Get out there as soon as something goes in.

Obviously, with the trap being behind a hedge? Me nipping out there, every ten minutes to check would be an absolute disaster!

But, yeah. Under a ton and just strap it out there? Got my finger on the trigger! :D

so you set the doorbell like you would a wildlife cam and it will ring and go live when something goes in