Best trousers for walking/hunting/mooching

• 2 weeks later...

I basically live in these. They're tough as f**k, have a casual look for if you don't want to draw attention but equally can go well with a more fieldsports/country look if that's what you want. They're probably the best tailored/fitting trousers I've ever worn and that 'stealth phone pocket' is ideal for slipping a sheath knife in. They're pricey but I've bought all mine when they were on offer.

WWW.ABSOLUTE-SNOW.CO.UK

Super durable climbing trousers designed for comfort and longevity from KÜHL. £71.95, 10% Kuhl Rydr Pant Regular 4 Season Trousers, 30/32 Dark Khaki

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...

Mountain equipment ibex pants are a tremendous piece of clothing engineering . 

they are about £80 notes from cotswolds 

smart , comfortable beyond compare and I’m yet to be wet or cold in them whilst moving in typical Uk weather 

they just scream quality 

I’m on my third pair now and I’l probably get another to last , I’ll never not have a pair again . Tried Montanes and rab but they just aren’t the same . 

craghopper kiwi are the same , cheap and cheerful you don’t mind trashing them at all

• Like 1

I'd vouch for Fjallraven. Expensive but you definitely get your moneys worth. I've got one pair that are coming up for thirteen years old, though they've now been changed into my house-shorts...I can't wear them out as I've dropped two sizes in the intervening decade and a bit so I'd look like a rapper. The great thing about them is that they come in a variety of styles and materials so I've got four different thicknesses depending on the weather, from full on winter downpour to midsummer.

Edited by Neal
  • Like 1

Agree with Stiffy.. I've got a pair of the Ibex and they're top notch. Mountain Equipment stuff is the real deal.

Also had a pair of these.. Revolution Race Adrenaline trouser for about a year now i think they're spot on. A nice slim fit which suits me. Absolutely great quality i think, really well made. Have had heavy rain come through on the thighs a few times when I've been caught out. Got the grey ones.

WWW.REVOLUTIONRACE.CO.UK

Adrenaline is a completely new kind of pant that looks like a pair of jeans, but features all the functions you want in an outdoor pant.

I'll definitely be having a look getting more of their gear in the future.

Free postage and free returns too... you can't go wrong really. If you're not happy with them... just send them back.

I did a free return to swap sizes.. couldn't be easier!!

10 hours ago, Rusty2 said:

Old nike trackie bottoms. 

That's what the son wire last Saturday and they got ripped open up the hill,lol...that's the reason for this purchase,....he learnt a lesson on clothing for sure 

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

Blue jeans, they are tough, originally work clothes and don't get burs stuck to them. Not the ripped trendy ones like Samantha Fox wore.

And really good when they get wet ?

Cheers, D.

• Haha 1