Coca Cola Sidcup and foxes

1 hour ago, walshie said:

Have you seen that anywhere other than Twitter or facebook? Seems odd they'd advertise it. 

Edit - Just seen Coca Cola have replied so maybe there's something in it. 

Here is one news site running the story

WWW.NEWSSHOPPER.CO.UK

Campaigners and local residents have reacted furiously to news that Coca Cola is planning to cull foxes at its factory...

IF THAT IS TRUE and not fake news it is a bit crazy. It's a bit of an unforced error in public relations.   When news like this gets out into the public domain you are blowing a trumpet to all of the do gooders and antis out there.  They will come down an demonstrate outside which will be front page news.

1 minute ago, chartpolski said:

Why are they having such a problem with them ?

Whats attracting them ?

Cheers.

I bet it will be the reason that I get called to factories .... 90% of the time it’s down to the staff feeding them. 

• Like 5

I think feeding them is probly right, but I was wondering if there was any by-product that was attracting them ?

What I can't explain is why, years ago, Nissan's sports field in Washington used to be heaving with hares, and the Formica factory, in the middle of Newcastle and literally miles from open countryside, was also full of hares.

It was like shooting fish in a barrel , just put the dog over the fence and stand back !

Cheers.

7 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I think feeding them is probly right, but I was wondering if there was any by-product that was attracting them ?

What I can't explain is why, years ago, Nissan's sports field in Washington used to be heaving with hares, and the Formica factory, in the middle of Newcastle and literally miles from open countryside, was also full of hares.

It was like shooting fish in a barrel , just put the dog over the fence and stand back !

Cheers.

Still plenty of hares at Nissan, odd one on Formica now and then 

15 hours ago, Meece said:

IF THAT IS TRUE and not fake news it is a bit crazy. It's a bit of an unforced error in public relations.   When news like this gets out into the public domain you are blowing a trumpet to all of the do gooders and antis out there.  They will come down an demonstrate outside which will be front page news.

It is the real thing ??

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, foxdropper said:

Worked at a fizzy drinks plant years ago putting up steel and the place was a rat eutopia .Put me off drinking out of cans I can tell you .

There were a few “tame “ foxes about there .

I've had a few drinks lines chewed through in pubs, always seems to be the coca cola 

• Like 1