H&N .25 Slugs 0.249 and 0.250

The slugs arrived today Allan and all still in the tubes, many thanks matey.

I have just been talking to my dearlt beloved about upgrading my impact but I fear the cost will be too high and not sure what I would get for my original Mk1 with smooth twist barrel OR buy a new barrel (600 or 700mm) and plenum sticking with the existing mags as I am not too bothered about the new ones. Hmmm I will have to get some prices in.

Phil

2 hours ago, philpot said:

The slugs arrived today Allan and all still in the tubes, many thanks matey.

I have just been talking to my dearlt beloved about upgrading my impact but I fear the cost will be too high and not sure what I would get for my original Mk1 with smooth twist barrel OR buy a new barrel (600 or 700mm) and plenum sticking with the existing mags as I am not too bothered about the new ones. Hmmm I will have to get some prices in.

Phil

Livens have the barrel kits in stock Phil. They stock loads of fx guns, might be worth giving them a call, I’m sure they’ll be able to advise on your best options if you decide to go ahead.

1 hour ago, Dervburner said:

Livens have the barrel kits in stock Phil. They stock loads of fx guns, might be worth giving them a call, I’m sure they’ll be able to advise on your best options if you decide to go ahead.

Where is Livens DB

• 4 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, villaman said:

Is that out of impact, if so what liner and what settings 

I'll sort a video out soon, that wasn't ideal to test to be fair... it was windy but not too bad..

I plan to test all the weights and show throughout the speed range the results..

Superior Standard 700mm .25 liner.

145barg reg, Huma Dual Transfer Port and Probe. 

970fps-980fps 36gr .250 H&N

Standard valve spring , although I will fit the lighter slug valve spring and check for any increase.

900fps was pretty accurate too..

18 hours ago, IanB said:

I'll sort a video out soon, that wasn't ideal to test to be fair... it was windy but not too bad..

I plan to test all the weights and show throughout the speed range the results..

Superior Standard 700mm .25 liner.

145barg reg, Huma Dual Transfer Port and Probe. 

970fps-980fps 36gr .250 H&N

Standard valve spring , although I will fit the lighter slug valve spring and check for any increase.

900fps was pretty accurate too..

Interesting stuff Ian. It will be good to see the results. Thanks for putting the time in to test them, and sharing your findings. Nice one fella......??

• 2 weeks later...