Worst Air Rifle?

Just now, philpot said:

DB, how the hell could you spoil the day by posting that idiot's photo. ?

Phil

Yerr I know?, I saw him in Drapers a few years back, he was telling me how far advanced the mk4 was with its lovely electronics etc. He stuffed me some advertising blurb before I could get away. ?

• Haha 2

Unfortunately some people think the more expensive it is the better it is and as we all know thats bottom droppings of   the biggest portion.Paying a grand to have lots of warranty repairs against 600 for a 2nd hand BSA or HW100 i know what i,d rather do .Still a fool and his money are soon parted .

• Like 1

I have to say that some guns just give me huge pleasure, my Impact fac and H110k sub 12 are a case in point. There are some which I think are worth the money but not all, the Weihrauch bullpup effort and the BSA bullpup crap are two good examples of gross over priced but average or in the BSA case well below average.

Phil

10 minutes ago, philpot said:

I have to say that some guns just give me huge pleasure, my Impact fac and H110k sub 12 are a case in point. There are some which I think are worth the money but not all, the Weihrauch bullpup effort and the BSA bullpup crap are two good examples of gross over priced but average or in the BSA case well below average.

Phil

Same here Phil, the impact is expensive, but what a tool. Fantastic airgun imo. Also, when/if they ever do the 110k in green synthetic I’m having one ? but this thread seems to have turned on it’s head now, oops, sorry OP.....? anyway........B2’s, are they really that bad for the money? ?

• Like 1

THE worst gun I`ve ever owned was a plastic Crossman 766 pump up rifle ,( is that right ? )

Feck me that gun was horrendous.

As a school kid, the summer of 76, I was lined up at just 20 yards " ish "on a huge carrion crow and missed :censored:

The crow was oblivious to me in the hide and stayed put, until - clack ! clack! clack ! clack! clack ! clack! clack ! clack ! clack ! clack ! me pumping that bag of shite up for a no chance second shot.:icon_redface:  :rofl:

Still angry !:laugh: 

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, shaaark said:

Are daystate still as bad now? Was reading some fairly recent reviews about the regal and the revere, a few days ago. A few negative reviews, with the regal regarding power etc, like you've mentioned, but most of the reviews were from people that are extremely happy with the build quality, power levels, accuracy and the regulator, with both the regal and revere.

Just to add, I've never even held a daystate air rifle, let alone shot one lol, but they've been piquing my interest recently.

Hi there.

When you spend a serious sum of money on an air rifle, the very least you should expect, is for the thing to be fully functional, efficient and be well screwed together. 

The Regal was out a long time before Daystate listened to the lousy feedback and stuck a decent regulator into it. I had written several uncompromising but well-reasoned letters to Tony Belas as head of Daystate; all met with either no reply or a faint bit of neutrality and a promise to re-examine the issues I raised.

Then, a regulator suddenly replaced the useless Harper valve. It should have had one from the start.  The barrel shroud was made better and more securely fitted plus other improvements that should have been addressed a lit sooner. 

So, I am sure now,  people will now find a better performing rifle with the current production Regal and will doubtless be mystified to learn that anything could have possibly been wrong before.

But the old saying "Once bitten twice shy" is never forgotten and rarely forgiven without a major overhaul of a sorry situation that could have been avoided but, was allowed to fester. 

Best regards.

Pianoman. 

• Like 3
38 minutes ago, pianoman said:

Hi there.

When you spend a serious sum of money on an air rifle, the very least you should expect, is for the thing to be fully functional, efficient and be well screwed together. 

The Regal was out a long time before Daystate listened to the lousy feedback and stuck a decent regulator into it. I had written several uncompromising but well-reasoned letters to Tony Belas as head of Daystate; all met with either no reply or a faint bit of neutrality and a promise to re-examine the issues I raised.

Then, a regulator suddenly replaced the useless Harper valve. It should have had one from the start.  The barrel shroud was made better and more securely fitted plus other improvements that should have been addressed a lit sooner. 

So, I am sure now,  people will now find a better performing rifle with the current production Regal and will doubtless be mystified to learn that anything could have possibly been wrong before.

But the old saying "Once bitten twice shy" is never forgotten and rarely forgiven without a major overhaul of a sorry situation that could have been avoided but, was allowed to fester. 

Best regards.

Pianoman. 

Quite agree with you mate. I certainly would be annoyed and more than a little bitter, if I'd had your experince with them.

Don't think I'll be paying my money to daystate anytime soon. ?

• Like 1