Worst Air Rifle?

7 minutes ago, j j m said:

what mk wildcat did you have bud

Can’t remember now, only had it a few weeks before asking for a refund, in that time it went back to the importers twice.....

7 minutes ago, philpot said:

Oh no no no no no no..............................................little stunner

I know a lot of people love them phil, but I just could not stand the plastic twangy thing that shot better than a sxs 

• Haha 1

I'm with Villaman.

Daystate Huntsman Regal. .177

Imagine buying what you thought was a Bentley Continental GT... only to find it had a f***ing Austin Metro under the bonnet. 

When I spent well over £1,000 on the rifle, scope and bottle, the last thing I want is an inconsistent air charge from an unregulated gun. It was low on power  at 9.3 foot pounds energy. Barrel shroud loose and rattled like hell. Harper valve system utterly unreliable. Returned the rifle to Daystate for repairs only to have it returned after two months waiting, and nothing had been done. 

I spent another 150 quid with a small, independent tuner called Airtech who built a brilliant regulator for it and got everything tightened up. He shortened the barrel and recrowned the muzzle.

The looks, styling, accuracy and performance of this rifle is absolutely stunning. I love it to bits.

But it's internally nothing of anything as Daystate sold it brand new. 

Pianoman. 

• Like 4
55 minutes ago, pianoman said:

I'm with Villaman.

Daystate Huntsman Regal. .177

Imagine buying what you thought was a Bentley Continental GT... only to find it had a f***ing Austin Metro under the bonnet. 

When I spent well over £1,000 on the rifle, scope and bottle, the last thing I want is an inconsistent air charge from an unregulated gun. It was low on power  at 9.3 foot pounds energy. Barrel shroud loose and rattled like hell. Harper valve system utterly unreliable. Returned the rifle to Daystate for repairs only to have it returned after two months waiting, and nothing had been done. 

I spent another 150 quid with a small, independent tuner called Airtech who built a brilliant regulator for it and got everything tightened up. He shortened the barrel and recrowned the muzzle.

The looks, styling, accuracy and performance of this rifle is absolutely stunning. I love it to bits.

But it's internally nothing of anything as Daystate sold it brand new. 

Pianoman. 

Are daystate still as bad now? Was reading some fairly recent reviews about the regal and the revere, a few days ago. A few negative reviews, with the regal regarding power etc, like you've mentioned, but most of the reviews were from people that are extremely happy with the build quality, power levels, accuracy and the regulator, with both the regal and revere.

Just to add, I've never even held a daystate air rifle, let alone shot one lol, but they've been piquing my interest recently.

3 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Are daystate still as bad now? Was reading some fairly recent reviews about the regal and the revere, a few days ago. A few negative reviews, with the regal regarding power etc, like you've mentioned, but most of the reviews were from people that are extremely happy with the build quality, power levels, accuracy and the regulator, with both the regal and revere.

Just to add, I've never even held a daystate air rifle, let alone shot one lol, but they've been piquing my interest recently.

Yes shark, bloody awful with most of the dealers near me will not deal with gaystate, similar to the Sportsman gun shops, utter garbage.