Demise of a pheasant shoot.

Well, I just had my communique from one of the big auction houses and low and behold, the entire belongings of a Derbyshire pheasant shoot up for grabs. I don’t suppose it’s the first and certainly won’t be the last. The auction list is comprehensive and it’s plain to see that it was a fairly biggish shoot. I’m trying for a few bits but not related to shooting. Jok.

One of my walks is a 1000 acre woodland that used to be shot over by the Avon and Somerset constabulary, all the pens and feeders etc are just rotting away were they were left, think it would not be considered morally prudent in this woke world for hour police to be seen as normal instead of tree hugging lefties, but on the flip side never seen so many wild pheasant nests and poults about as in the last few years ??

3 hours ago, mC HULL said:

Them wild uns have nothing on the though greyman keepered there plump lol

I know but I,m still attempting to take one on the wing with a catty and all the wild ones mean I,m not pissing anyone off just walk through stubble with catty at the ready had a few near misses but still not dropped one ??

'by appointment of liquidator' 

Proper gone bust then hasn't it. 

Now I've been a keeper, am friends with many keepers and spend my life defending all countrysports... 

....but....it ain't a bad thing if the shooting world gets its wings clipped over the next few years. Hopefully they will realise what sport and countryside are really about and may start working with other countrysports....

....i can but dream.... 

• Like 9
43 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

'by appointment of liquidator' 

Proper gone bust then hasn't it. 

Now I've been a keeper, am friends with many keepers and spend my life defending all countrysports... 

....but....it ain't a bad thing if the shooting world gets its wings clipped over the next few years. Hopefully they will realise what sport and countryside are really about and may start working with other countrysports....

....i can but dream.... 

The syndicates will survive its the commercial slaughter that will suffer.