Good morning, are there any flaggers on THL? Would like to know the going daily rate, just had a quote and I'm blown away! Maybe I've just lost touch because it's something I've always done myself, any advice appreciated.
Thanks

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First pic,monday morning,next 2 pics thursday afternoon with just 2 of us.. Other pics same house i bought the old council slabs off a local paki shop for a pound each,days work..

£50 per slab 600 x 600 , supply and fit... Indian sandstone £75 m2... 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

£50 per slab 600 x 600 , supply and fit... Indian sandstone £75 m2... DSC_0811.JPG.b39268af477b6396e0888dbcf7e7a95c.JPG

Not bad mate,I prefer not to have any cuts smaller than the smallest slab or near enough 300x300mm around the manholes.dropping in some before the manhole will get a decent sized cut round the manhole.looks good tho bud.what pointing do you use.resin or pug.??

2 hours ago, Artoist said:
Good morning, are there any flaggers on THL? Would like to know the going daily rate, just had a quote and I'm blown away! Maybe I've just lost touch because it's something I've always done myself, any advice appreciated.
Thanks

Sandstones around 80 to 110 per morning sq depending on area.but that's dig out,grab away,lay terrace,type 1,sand,sharp sand,cement,glues,slabs and proper pointing with resin or cement all pointed up smooth not brushed in finish.big difference in moneys and looks if done shit.throwing  a few slabs down on sand and brushing in kiln dried is a bodge up.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
24 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

Not bad mate,I prefer not to have any cuts smaller than the smallest slab or near enough 300x300mm around the manholes.dropping in some before the manhole will get a decent sized cut round the manhole.looks good tho bud.what pointing do you use.resin or pug.??

I prefer the Brush in shit... If customer don't want to pay for it... They point it themselves ?

• Like 1

Anyone can throw down a few slabs.... had to lift and relay 65m2 of sand stone after some clown put them down on spots?done it in 3 days on my tod, mixing and laying.... ? Always busy slabbing and paving.... Almost every plot of newbuilds ask for extras.... Tops up the wages??DSC_0800.JPG.1329a0ca083943b6231055d5aee2fd78.JPG

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Anyone can throw down a few slabs.... had to lift and relay 65m2 of sand stone after some clown put them down on spots?done it in 3 days on my tod, mixing and laying.... ? Always busy slabbing and paving.... Almost every plot of newbuilds ask for extras.... Tops up the wages??DSC_0800.JPG.1329a0ca083943b6231055d5aee2fd78.JPG

That's the spirit.that resin stuff is hit and miss,some of it goes to powder after a while.65sq on ya Todd's good going.

1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

Ammount of people Ive had to tell not to spot sandstone as the spots bleed through to the surface.On top of the fact that its a shit way to do it anyway.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

I prefer the Brush in shit... If customer don't want to pay for it... They point it themselves ?

That sika brush in stuff is good as long as youre not regularly having to clean or jetwash dog piss etc off.I used to quite like pointing patios but my back will only allow me to do do an hour or so at a time these days

I've not even finished digging out for my concrete pad yet but next job is digging out to flag the rest of the garden. I've always liked lawns but 2 dogs and 2 kids are just turning it yo mud. If any of you are in the North West then come and give me a quote, just looking at these pics gives me a bad back 

1 hour ago, downsouth said:

Ammount of people Ive had to tell not to spot sandstone as the spots bleed through to the surface.On top of the fact that its a shit way to do it anyway.

Yup,also when they wet cut the slabs in the quarry thier is powder on the back that stops adhesion.i use plastic,dash water and cement powder slurry,to paint the back.they lift otherwise,also stops the spot bleeds.

Just now, Qbgrey said:

Yup,also when they wet cut the slabs in the quarry thier is powder on the back that stops adhesion.i use plastic,dash water and cement powder slurry,to paint the back.they lift otherwise,also stops the spot bleeds.

P.v.a