Spring break barrels

.22 Wiehrauch HW80. All day long for me. 

Absolutely accurate, reliable and a genuine no bloody nonsense shooting tool.

Get it on FAC and it still wipes everything else off the field in my experience.

Other Wiehrauch springers are as good. But none will out-match it for humane stopping power with lethal accuracy. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

My HW95 in .177 is my go to rifle. With a decent guide and top hat set, cleaned/polished internals, it does around 11.3 ft lb with JSB heavies. Accurate out to 50 yards, light enough to carry and handle easily and plenty of hitting power. I much prefer it to my Pro Sport and LGV for everyday use. The HW99 is a great little gun, too (especially when tweaked/tuned) and even easier to handle.

On 20/02/2021 at 21:57, Rez said:

98 mate. V-mached. Had it sometime now. Kinda go to rifle when I can’t be arsed to think about what I’m gonna be doing..

14847C41-B9B2-4F31-8B27-74E88CFE9FCF.jpeg

Lovely stock you have for it Jamie.

Hope you and yours are well mate. 

Simon. 

• Like 1
On 20/02/2021 at 21:57, Rez said:

98 mate. V-mached. Had it sometime now. Kinda go to rifle when I can’t be arsed to think about what I’m gonna be doing..

14847C41-B9B2-4F31-8B27-74E88CFE9FCF.jpeg

Thought you sold that a few years ago mate, unless I've confused you with somone else?

Been toying with the idea of getting one of these for a while. Not shot one, but shouldered one in my local rfd a while back, and it felt great. Didn't think it was as front heavy as people make out either, and scoped up, that should balance it a little better again?

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 1

Eyup sharkehhh. Good memory mate. I did. This is my third after that. These new ones are a bit banged out to be honest though. Built no where near the same as the first gen ones. The stainless steel butt plate between the stock and the rubber pad is one think they’ve cut, and also, you may notice the blacking fading a bit just near the breech, that’s from contact on the old stock over a long time like but still. But yeah, love 98’s. 

Balance is alright, I think anyway, but I do know what people mean about being front heavy. 

Funnily enough I am toying with floggin this one, just the action and the original stock and getting a 95 to drop in. But dunno yet. 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Rez said:

Eyup sharkehhh. Good memory mate. I did. This is my third after that. These new ones are a bit banged out to be honest though. Built no where near the same as the first gen ones. The stainless steel butt plate between the stock and the rubber pad is one think they’ve cut, and also, you may notice the blacking fading a bit just near the breech, that’s from contact on the old stock over a long time like but still. But yeah, love 98’s. 

Balance is alright, I think anyway, but I do know what people mean about being front heavy. 

Funnily enough I am toying with floggin this one, just the action and the original stock and getting a 95 to drop in. But dunno yet. 

As soon as they start letting customers back into the shop, when this covid nonsense eases off a bit, I'll be back up to my local rfd's, and start badgering them again for another go of the 98 lol. Got a fn12 falcon lighthunter up there, they sent off for me that needed work on, long story, and I'm going to put that towards a new springer. 98 is looking favourite so far lol ?

• Like 1