Dog Fox with the Pulsar Trail 2 XQ50 LRF

pulsar-trail-2-xq50-lrf-fox1.jpg

Poor night as it has been all this last week with humidity well over 90% for most of the week, resulting in poor thermal transmission.

Travelling down the track, that runs through the centre of the farm, this fella was visible on the sky line from the vehicle mounted setup, so I headed another 250yds down the track and he was sat in some plough that has been left due to this consistent pissing down weather...sent a 40gr vmax from the .223 his way..

57 minutes ago, IanB said:

pulsar-trail-2-xq50-lrf-fox1.jpg

Poor night as it has been all this last week with humidity well over 90% for most of the week, resulting in poor thermal transmission.

Travelling down the track, that runs through the centre of the farm, this fella was visible on the sky line from the vehicle mounted setup, so I headed another 250yds down the track and he was sat in some plough that has been left due to this consistent pissing down weather...sent a 40gr vmax from the .223 his way..

Good bullet choice. Do you know how quick it's going. Some get them close to 4000.

There doing around 3500fps out of my rifle .

Hornady Brass, 40gr vmax, 24.4gr N130 , CCI small rifle primer .  Does me out to 300 yds no problem , I don’t really shoot any further .  

I did go through a period of using Nosler Varmageddon which are cheaper slightly , but the jacked a bit thin, whilst they were a bit more explosive they didn’t penetrate as good as the Hornady and I had a few runners, the Hornady they just drop ..

I’ve never used my .243 since I got the .223 for foxes , so much quieter and less recoil , you can just watch stuff drop unlike the flip from the .243 .. both great calibres though , I might revisit it at some point and put another scope on it ..

Just now, IanB said:

There doing around 3500fps out of my rifle .

Hornady Brass, 40gr vmax, 24.4gr N130 , CCI small rifle primer .  Does me out to 300 yds no problem , I don’t really shoot any further .  

I did go through a period of using Nosler Varmageddon which are cheaper slightly , but the jacked a bit thin, whilst they were a bit more explosive they didn’t penetrate as good as the Hornady and I had a few runners, the Hornady they just drop ..

?

7 minutes ago, IanB said:

I mainly shoot at night Stavross .. So busy with all sorts, it’s my only chance to get out away from everything ..

I’m the same, never really have time during the day, so I normally escape life’s madness on an evening, with a bit of luck I’ll be up to the shoot tonight for a couple of hours ?

• Like 1
6 hours ago, dixyhmr said:

Nice ? 
Converted you good and proper with the little old .223 !

Think we all need a break in the weather ?

You did mate ...? , you did say you loved yours..I used a lads setup as well with when the Armasight Drones first came into the country and the ability to see stuff drop, with less recoil and less bang , won me over ..