Tikka every time??

Right I'm pretty sure what consensus will be but just double checking...

Was all set to buy a rem 700 with custom stock, 25.5" varmint barrel. Nearly new. Comes with decent sound mod.

But now I've seen a brand new tikka t3x stainless varmint. No mod included. 

£££ similar but obviously will have to shell out for mod if I got tikka. 

Thoughts.......!! Cheers.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Very happy ?

I know what you mean, I was at my reloading bench the other day and my wife came over and screamed . I wondered what was going on and she brought a mirror over and I looked in it ....... I had a flatt

This has Ianm written all over it! 

Posted Images

I know Tikka has a strong following on here but I honestly wasn't happy with mine until I had a after market stock and a aluminium trigger guard/mag well.

Coupled with Swaro optics and reloads it's now a robust precise tool that I have total confidence in performing.

Those two things were added over years as and when, so not essential at all but I feel it's only fair to tell the truth rather than just tell you they're great.

• Thanks 1

Get the 3x Ben 

You wont ever have to buy again , + if you buy new you know exactly where you are , round count ect 

ive the 3x sporter barrel, bit lighter than the varmint ,  but it’s no problem 

and if you do you won’t be sorry 

stick a wildcat evo on the end 

happy days 

• Like 1
Just now, Sausagedog said:

I cant recommend a Remington made after 1990! And then their design has a safety flaw.

Get the tikka. 

In .204 I’d go for the tikka as well. On a different note (Rimfire)Talking about Remington’s SD, would you consider a 597 as I was thinking about possibly getting one for night set up? As semi autos go I thought they had a good reputation.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, BenBhoy said:

Right I'm pretty sure what consensus will be but just double checking...

Was all set to buy a rem 700 with custom stock, 25.5" varmint barrel. Nearly new. Comes with decent sound mod.

But now I've seen a brand new tikka t3x stainless varmint. No mod included. 

£££ similar but obviously will have to shell out for mod if I got tikka. 

Thoughts.......!! Cheers.

Countryman have one in Ben. Varmint stainless??

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, Dervburner said:

In .204 I’d go for the tikka as well. On a different note (Rimfire)Talking about Remington’s SD, would you consider a 597 as I was thinking about possibly getting one for night set up? As semi autos go I thought they had a good reputation.

I had one. It was very accurate  but suffered terrible magazine jams with subsonic ammo. Perfect with hv. The trigger needs stone work too. 

The hammer is light and only contacts the pin. Consequently when you fit lighter recoil springs to try and make them cycle sub sonic ammo it just Jack's the bolt off the ammo losing inertia from the firing pin!

Better designs have the hammer also pushing on the breach block at the end of their travel.

Bet they are reliable in the larger rimfires.

• Like 1