Lazy Trespassers

So funny little story. Had to go to the farm yesterday to get a part for the four wheeler ( think their called quads everywhere else ?) . Well got the old part went to town when I get back with the new part I noticed some guys fast walking from the pond in front of the house. Now there's a few good ponds on the property but the one eveyone wants to fish is the main one infront of the house. Funny thing is theirs not much in it. Due to improper construction and carp its kinda a muddy mess I don't even bother with it but since it's pretty much clear of brush and looks clean eveyone in the surrounding 10miles thinks it's a prime fishing pond and wants to fish it. I really don't care since it's just a pond for the cows to drink out of at this point and I know the good ponds are ones no one wants to fish ( lots of brush a few snakes, mabye a wild hog or two and just don't look nice). Well anyhow I get in the car and meet these guys at the gate as their crossing over ,there's on gate down the road for the hunters who have permission and one in front of the house, they recognized I'm my one of dad's son ( and apparently I'm the crazy one who has a bad temper with trespassers ) and start trying to back peddle and say how they didn't who's property it was and they weren't doing anything, yadda yadda yadda. Seriously these guys are wigging out and I'm looking at there beat up zebcos combos (using rusty old nuts as weights and don't even think they had any worms or anything) that looked like they got them for $5 at a yard sale and how their wearing jordans red and white basket ball shorts and bright colored t shirts trying not to die laughing. Seriously that's some poor dress if your gonna fence hop lol. I finally cut one of the guys off and I'm just like
" So you manage to actually catch something?"
Dude looks like I just slapped him and he says
"Wait so you ain't about to call the police or something?"
I start laughing and tell the dude that that pond ain't got anything worth catching out of it cept for a few stray grass carp  a old catfish or two and mabye a few bream over 4".
Again he's starting at me like I'm crazy ( and proceeds to look at his partner in crime with that " that not what you said "look ). I tell him if he wants to catch some fish one of my ole fishing holes is down the road and about a quarter mile in the woods and there more than welcome to it if they don't mind having to clear out some of the brush and deal with the resident snake population. Said their some nice bream in there and I may stock some cats this year but I won't clean it any since I feel the brushy shore helps with the health of the pond. Guy looks at me really bewildered like and just goes
"Nah nah I don't think I wanna do all that to catch some fish sounds too much like work"
I shrugged said, "fine with me" .Just told them to have a nice day and if they really want to catch some fish lemme know and bring some snake boots. Drove off and they stood there looking confused and defeated .

I swear guys some folks don't have any grit about them. Will hop a fence to a possible easy to fish pond but won't take up an offer for a possible honey hole with a little work. 

Edited by Wolfdog91
  • Like 4
  • Haha 4
  • Wolfdog91 changed the title to Lazy Trespassers

On 06/02/2021 at 05:40, pesky1972 said:

Stuff most people would dream about here. A little pond full of fish that only you and your mates fish. Surely wouldn’t take much graft to clear a few spots to get in for a cast surely? Not sure about the snakes though ?

Woulnt take much at all honesty half the pond is just tall grass and 20min with a weed eater  would solve that. Another 20min with a half decent chain saw could gat alot of the sapling down. Most of the snakes are just those harmless water snakes. They get pretty big but most of the time they stay clear away from you and  the most problems you get will be them try to take fish off you stringer or fish basket ( it's kinda like a keep net only metal with spring loaded doors).

Honestly would love to have some guys like y'all around who actually care for the ponds and enjoy them, not just try and catch a quick fish or two and be done, a real waste imo

• Like 2
On 08/02/2021 at 10:45, Wolfdog91 said:

Woulnt take much at all honesty half the pond is just tall grass and 20min with a weed eater  would solve that. Another 20min with a half decent chain saw could gat alot of the sapling down. Most of the snakes are just those harmless water snakes. They get pretty big but most of the time they stay clear away from you and  the most problems you get will be them try to take fish off you stringer or fish basket ( it's kinda like a keep net only metal with spring loaded doors).

Honestly would love to have some guys like y'all around who actually care for the ponds and enjoy them, not just try and catch a quick fish or two and be done, a real waste imo

I found a we wild pond near me that has small roach in it (silvers and have great plans for it too

• Like 1

There’s a small carp pond near me we used to fish as kids .Overgrown now but looks mint .The owner back then was a lovely gent who wanted the place fished but the miserable c**t there now chases kids off .I’ve recently heard otters have set up residence between there and the river so good enough for the arsehole .

The carp are stunted Italian strain so a thin out might do them good .We used to stock other waters from that place the carp were so numerous .2 lb fish was a specimen lol.We stuck a pike in there but some other lads killed it .Used to take the airgun to shoot rats on the bank it was fished that much .

I know of a cracking tench pond that has weeded solid ,doubt much left alive in it which is a crime .

Nearby town has a stream running through it called the Marden and apparently they are stocking it with brown trout to see if the recent clear up has done the water any good .Won’t last long ,every oik with a bent pin will want one and fair play .

Used to handline the place years ago for rainbow washed down from a trout lake during floods .