• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heard it earlier myself again Scratching noise in one spot and then sounded like it was scuttling across the plasterboard in the attic Didn’t sound like birds on roof or In outside guttering

Looks like there's mouse muck in that photo ? They could be years old though and nothing to do with what you've got now. Getting quite a few squirrel jobs in roofs again now the females are looki

Where to ?

Posted Images

On 04/02/2021 at 21:39, Steak knife said:

Yet when I’m at work they’re hearing it randomly at different times.

No. See? If Steak works regular '9/5', bird, at this time of year, would have no business being in its roost / nest site while he's away. Not at random, different times anyway.

• Like 1

Thanks lads

No deffo not birds 

Can’t explain it at all 

I know there’s neophobic rats but not camera shy ones 

That camera was up a week and the noise was heard twice just above two different rooms sounds like it’s right on the ceiling scratching then it just stops 

Random times morning afternoon 

Opposite rooms one at gable of house at rear other at Front joined onto next door 

proper head wrecker this

Steak, I've just gained a whole, new, level of interest in this one.

I've long since learned that 'On line pest control' is about the most useless, and thankless, task known to man. But, it's sometimes just So fukking fascinating ...! :D

More to the point? I've just realised your case fits hand in glove with a case I've been working for some time now. On line, this is. But, christ, yeah. So much sounds so similar!

Now; I must have read through this entire thread a few times now. Infuriating how we miss details we're even looking back for. Didn't you say you're in a 'Built up area'?

I find that relevant. I'd also like to get a far better idea of what you'd mean by that. I don't want your name or post code. But, a ~ I dunno. This other person said they lived in a terrace.

When they showed me a photo, out an upper window? I saw that their " Terrace "  was amidst fields! Game changer, right there!

I've more questions. Don't want to hog the thread though. Or overload you. Just more interested, now :)

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Steak, I've just gained a whole, new, level of interest in this one.

I've long since learned that 'On line pest control' is about the most useless, and thankless, task known to man. But, it's sometimes just So fukking fascinating ...! :D

More to the point? I've just realised your case fits hand in glove with a case I've been working for some time now. On line, this is. But, christ, yeah. So much sounds so similar!

Now; I must have read through this entire thread a few times now. Infuriating how we miss details we're even looking back for. Didn't you say you're in a 'Built up area'?

I find that relevant. I'd also like to get a far better idea of what you'd mean by that. I don't want your name or post code. But, a ~ I dunno. This other person said they lived in a terrace.

When they showed me a photo, out an upper window? I saw that their " Terrace "  was amidst fields! Game changer, right there!

I've more questions. Don't want to hog the thread though. Or overload you. Just more interested, now :)

It’s a proper head wrecker 

Im coming to the conclusion there’s nothing there and it is the old heating system in the attic

Thats only for piece of mind though

I can’t explain the noise as it sounds like an animal scratching at the plasterboard and in different rooms different times of day and at night

I do live in a built up area around 200 houses in my end alone and there’s other developments around us 

I am at the end though and there is fields close to me if that helps any 
Cheers

3 minutes ago, Steak knife said:

I am at the end though and there is fields close to me.

Boom! See? I've lived in Real urban environments. Nothing but streets and houses for miles around. Inner city.

Now we have it that you're Actually in reach of nature? Just like my on line lady. That throws a whole new light on things.

Down side is? We haven't been able to get a definitive conclusion for her, yet. I emailed her, last night. Dunno if, or when she'll get back though.

Just one other thing; Your family and you hear " Scratching ". Now, I'm not gonna put Any words in your mouth. But, I would ask if anyone's ever heard any other sound, up there?

Do you have a dog in the house at all? I do. They're great for telling me when something's about. Don't suppose All dogs would have that instinct. But, mine do and it's a great help. They'd ignore pipes, eg.

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Boom! See? I've lived in Real urban environments. Nothing but streets and houses for miles around. Inner city.

Now we have it that you're Actually in reach of nature? Just like my on line lady. That throws a whole new light on things.

Down side is? We haven't been able to get a definitive conclusion for her, yet. I emailed her, last night. Dunno if, or when she'll get back though.

Just one other thing; Your family and you hear " Scratching ". Now, I'm not gonna put Any words in your mouth. But, I would ask if anyone's ever heard any other sound, up there?

Do you have a dog in the house at all? I do. They're great for telling me when something's about. Don't suppose All dogs would have that instinct. But, mine do and it's a great help. They'd ignore pipes, eg.

Yes I would be close enough to nature 

Last night I was out in the garden and could hear 2 foxes calling each other 

The fields would be across a busy main road but not that far away from the houses
The kids and the woman said they heard the scratching and it sounded like it was scuttling across the ceiling

I haven’t heard that just what sounded like scratching for a split second or 2

Have dogs penned in garden a dog In the house but it doesn’t get further than the utility room  

• Thanks 1

:D Just this minute heard back from my lady friend. Sounds like we've cracked her case. And, off the back of that? I'm pretty confident of what's happening with you.

I'll bow out now though. These things can be like a bloody good murder mystery, with a crossword thrown in. Best fun there is for exercising the old grey matter.

I'll let the other lads chew on it, now that we've established that one more bit of the puzzle. See if anyone else comes to the same conclusion :)

• Like 1