On the look out

10 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

The dog would be 22” I think. Thrown pups that size (17”) or bigger to a little pat x spaniel bitch. Deffo worth thinking about, the dog is a machine.

Sounds ideal to me. 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Shame they get old

Right guys my little whippet Russel has finally come into season and I’m on the lookout for a stud for her as the dog I was going to use only produced one pup out of a litter he just sired. Ideally I’

Hes 13 now. Heres a few pics of him in his prime  

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Tyla said:

He is 21tts and the old dog in bottom pic, the other 2 are his pups from my 12tts pat springer bitch. The biggest dog pup from that litter made 23tts, im just trying to find a pic of him

IMG-20201128-WA0009.jpg

IMG-20201108-WA0065.jpg

Sounds ideal mate. 

1 minute ago, socks said:

Cracking looking dog just worried about him Siring a litter at 13. 

Its a fair point, he is certainly an old dog. He sired 8 a year ago though. Shame yours wasn't available sooner really, I put him across my busher as I didn't want to lose the blood and didn't know of a decent whirrier bitch. I would like to put a whippet across one of the bitch pups once they've proved themselves to try and recreate him. A pup from him and yours would be quicker though!

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Only problem I see is you create a different thing. That dog is a terrier x, leggy terrier hunting dog. Whippet grey over it, becomes a fast little lurcher with a little terrier that’s built for different things maybe, lighter, less tough and gritty maybe. Don’t know if I’m saying it right but I know what I mean. Depends what you’re after though I guess. 

Suppose ??I thought it was a whippet x terrier I thought he wanted to add whippet terrier I sort of get what you mean if it’s a mooching only dog. but wouldn’t that cross still be handy little type to have about they would bush,work warrens an run the lamp an probably have a crack at most stuff having a bit of terrier in them definitely be handy 

1 minute ago, poxon said:

Suppose ??I thought it was a whippet x terrier I thought he wanted to add whippet terrier I sort of get what you mean if it’s a mooching only dog. but wouldn’t that cross still be handy little type to have about they would bush,work warrens an run the lamp an probably have a crack at most stuff having a bit of terrier in them definitely be handy 

I specifically want another whippet terrier to go over her as I’m trying to breed to type. I’ve got my black bitch if I wanted to breed something bigger ?

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, poxon said:

I agree it would make a handy dog I’m sure. But If you hVe a dog tht does what you want then I think it’s wise to keep the type similar, more chance of getting what you want. If you’ve a good strong bull x for example and are happy but wouldn’t mind it a bit faster, you could breed to a grey and it would be faster but you’d lose other things. The answer to me would be to breed to a faster strong type bull x like you’ve already got, hopefully get what you’ve got but throw a touch faster if you’re lucky. If not you’ve got what you had already and we’re happy with and could try again. 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

I agree it would make a handy dog I’m sure. But If you hVe a dog tht does what you want then I think it’s wise to keep the type similar, more chance of getting what you want. If you’ve a good strong bull x for example and are happy but wouldn’t mind it a bit faster, you could breed to a grey and it would be faster but you’d lose other things. The answer to me would be to breed to a faster strong type bull x like you’ve already got, hopefully get what you’ve got but throw a touch faster if you’re lucky. If not you’ve got what you had already and we’re happy with and could try again. 

Get it I think I was just reading socks topic wrongly he wants a type bred bushing dog not a Lurcher although it’s technically a lurcher still but more a robust busher type with a little bit of speed abouts it 

• Like 1