Jump to content

The plummer terrier


Recommended Posts

Just now, sid g said:

and existing  dogs over new bitches soon  increase the gene pool .. it would be a new variation of the existing breed 

Aye , Sid you’re right mate.

no easy answer I expect.

ATB .... Tony 

Link to post

  • Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Little bitch I got here has never started a fight in her life, could see it being a problem if she didn’t get out regular tho tbh like most highly driven terriers 👍 like micky has said, my lads w

And that is why most folk don't like the plummer terrier.....But as a fella who mooched with lurchers,ferreted both rats and rabbits, ratted a lot and  for a few digs a season the one i had i have nev

a couple of images of my russell/ plummer. for interest

Posted Images

2 hours ago, poxon said:

Bet there thoughts wouldn’t be far off the beddy lads once you outcross the purest noses get turned up but there still sit there moaning the gene pool to small 

Nowt wrong with beddys noses it’s there best asset they already got good lakey and fell in the hybreds putting plummers in them which are really only mongralised Russell’s would be big backward step 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
Link to post
3 minutes ago, Loton Moocher said:

Nowt wrong with beddys noses it’s there best asset they already got good lakey and fell in the hybreds putting plummers in them which are really only mongralised Russell’s would be big backward step 

Here he is!! No one as said about putting plummers in to beddys don’t know we’re you got that from or about beddys noses🤷🏽‍♂️ my answer to the original question is using beddys with tongue in cheek as a guideline the purest would say there not plummers if there outcrossed same as the purest kc beddy owners snub out cross beddys they won’t want to put back in to the lines because they want to keep kc but will sit there moaning the gene pool is small that’s what I’m getting at 👍🏽

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
29 minutes ago, poxon said:

Here he is!! No one as said about putting plummers in to beddys don’t know we’re you got that from or about beddys noses🤷🏽‍♂️ my answer to the original question is using beddys with tongue in cheek as a guideline the purest would say there not plummers if there outcrossed same as the purest kc beddy owners snub out cross beddys they won’t want to put back in to the lines because they want to keep kc but will sit there moaning the gene pool is small that’s what I’m getting at 👍🏽

👍

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
On 09/02/2021 at 12:13, baker boy said:

Same type found in every street in every mining village in South Wales

Often wondered what other breeds went into them obviously not bred for their looks and more for their working ability i have seen no terriers around me that resembles that terrier that came by way of Plummer that i saw 46 years ago and one i have seen bred of them that made a name in east London as a digging dog.

Link to post
3 minutes ago, mushray said:

That’s the one a good working pbt crossed back in. Get a bit off fire back in there guts. 

Perhaps they should use something bred for underground work then there wouldnt be so many afraid of the dark, fire in their guts no good to them if they wont work below ground, last thing they need is more PBT the way they go on

Link to post
2 minutes ago, baker boy said:

Perhaps they should use something bred for underground work then there wouldnt be so many afraid of the dark, fire in their guts no good to them if they wont work below ground, last thing they need is more PBT the way they go on

I think it’s the owners more scared of dark than there dogs mate, I no saying the plummers would make digging dogs, as that would be silly. But the dogs still need tried an let’s face it most Plummer owners oils have a heart attack of dog dropped in, find the good uns( Cos they deffo out there) an lie you say use summat tested an decent at it jobs an bred right to put cross 👍

  • Like 2
Link to post
6 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

Often wondered what other breeds went into them obviously not bred for their looks and more for their working ability i have seen no terriers around me that resembles that terrier that came by way of Plummer that i saw 46 years ago and one i have seen bred of them that made a name in east London as a digging dog.

I think there was probably working Sealyham blood in them, I has a lemon and white bitch over 40 years ago that was the image of the early Sealyham terriers

  • Like 2
Link to post
5 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

I think it’s the owners more scared of dark than there dogs mate, I no saying the plummers would make digging dogs, as that would be silly. But the dogs still need tried an let’s face it most Plummer owners oils have a heart attack of dog dropped in, find the good uns( Cos they deffo out there) an lie you say use summat tested an decent at it jobs an bred right to put cross 👍

I hear what your saying mate, certainly more would work if tried but beagle/pitbull/terrier crosses are going to lose the inclination to go to ground so I cant see the point in adding any more

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...