The plummer terrier

19 minutes ago, baker boy said:

Perhaps they should use something bred for underground work then there wouldnt be so many afraid of the dark, fire in their guts no good to them if they wont work below ground, last thing they need is more PBT the way they go on

It’s not going to happen oven night whatever cross is made to them. But surly a good starting point In breeding a Plummer for underground work is gameness. Jmo pal 

• Like 1

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And that is why most folk don't like the plummer terrier.....But as a fella who mooched with lurchers,ferreted both rats and rabbits, ratted a lot and  for a few digs a season the one i had i have nev

a couple of images of my russell/ plummer. for interest

Few thier PUD

Posted Images

Why not just use a decent russel as an outcross , a plummers basically a red russel anyway. All russels will have a bit of bull, beagle and fell in there somewhere along the lines.

Wirral cuntryman or whatever he was called on here was breeding russel crosses and they looked like plummers to me.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, tatsblisters said:

Often wondered what other breeds went into them obviously not bred for their looks and more for their working ability i have seen no terriers around me that resembles that terrier that came by way of Plummer that i saw 46 years ago and one i have seen bred of them that made a name in east London as a digging dog.

According to plummers kennels management there could be anything from white gsd to cavalier spaniel blood in them ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
13 minutes ago, Loton Moocher said:

According to plummers kennels management there could be anything from white gsd to cavalier spaniel blood in them ?

I am on about a time well before he moved to the Midlands and what the old boys have told me he only kept terriers and the odd ex racing greyhound .

44 minutes ago, baker boy said:

Theres plenty of working terriers about with more than enough gameness if that is what is needed, they've been down the pitbull route, its only my opinion but I dont think pitbulls bring anything to the table where working terriers are concerned

The cork boys have there old russel bull lines family’s going years now with plenty bull in the mix. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, mushray said:

The cork boys have there old russel bull lines family’s going years now with plenty bull in the mix. 

The working Russells I had over here had a good infusion of bull blood they were very game but you couldn't rat or hunt anything with more than one, something the plummers don't seem to have a problem with. I think they should try and keep the ability to work together for rats.

1 minute ago, Aussie Whip said:

The working Russells I had over here had a good infusion of bull blood they were very game but you couldn't rat or hunt anything with more than one, something the plummers don't seem to have a problem with. I think they should try and keep the ability to work together for rats.

Surely you can’t knock them all because yours we’re fighters. Don’t work like that bud. There all different characters 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, mushray said:

Surely you can’t knock them all because yours we’re fighters. Don’t work like that bud. There all different characters 

I just can't see what bull blood would add. Most working terriers are gamer than the bull breeds anyway. I only have a Parson now and you can work him with any dogs.

1 hour ago, gnipper said:

Why not just use a decent russel as an outcross , a plummers basically a red russel anyway. All russels will have a bit of bull, beagle and fell in there somewhere along the lines.

Wirral cuntryman or whatever he was called on here was breeding russel crosses and they looked like plummers to me.

Spineless, jealous grass of a man... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
31 minutes ago, Aussie Whip said:

I just can't see what bull blood would add. Most working terriers are gamer than the bull breeds anyway. I only have a Parson now and you can work him with any dogs.

Well it added something to the old cork lines. Granted some are ugly yokes off things lol but they can work underground no bother. I’m beginning to think it’s all about the looks off these Plummer’s rather than work. Hope I’m wrong or they definitely stand no chance. 

• Like 2
Just now, Loton Moocher said:

Lucky man , do you think kelpie  would improve them ?I must apologise as I thort that Plummer terrier struggling with that was yours 

Just now, Loton Moocher said:

Lucky man , do you think kelpie  would improve them ?I must apologise as I thort that Plummer terrier struggling with that was yours 

Rat

Does it really matter what you chuck in the mix.Despite what old Billy bullshitter tried leading people to believe its not really any great shakes to kill a few poxy rats.Ive seen all manner of mongrel terriers,whippets and even collies kill rats in numbers.

• Like 10
1 minute ago, W. Katchum said:

2 replies haha took offence i see I’ll leave it at that them seeing as you do touchy about your bedlingtons ?

shluld change your name tho to ‘beddy defender my it more suited Cos you don’t do a lot of mooching on here ?

What the feck that all about chill out old boy