The plummer terrier

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And that is why most folk don't like the plummer terrier.....But as a fella who mooched with lurchers,ferreted both rats and rabbits, ratted a lot and  for a few digs a season the one i had i have nev

a couple of images of my russell/ plummer. for interest

Few thier PUD

Posted Images

57 minutes ago, lurchers said:

They all know on here kc dogs don’t work they have it enough times mate,but like you I know they are talking shite ? as you can see from puds dandy.

Not a great fan of the KC. But would never describe a dog as worthless if it had not been given a fair chance to prove its worth, KC or not. Off topic but a sign of the times ...the Beagle x that my friend owned was "free to good home", today the litter would probably make £1000-2000 a pup.

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, sid g said:

who bred produced the line of yours  

Her dam was coalville lines,her sire was a mix of wyremead and can't remember without digging out her ped right now,but her sire was dug to many times and lost his life under the sod.Her dam was dug to a few times and the kennel name was Toh Kon and bred by a chap called Scott Bedding,like i said she did it all for me and i'll still go and stand by her grave in my garden and talk to her about the piles of shite that live in my kennels after a poor day out where she'd have made the difference :laugh:.

• Like 8
1 hour ago, fireman said:

And that is why most folk don't like the plummer terrier.....But as a fella who mooched with lurchers,ferreted both rats and rabbits, ratted a lot and  for a few digs a season the one i had i have never seen a terrier come even close to the one i had.A one trick pony was no good for me and i could take her anywhere in and around any stock without any fear of accidents happening,she was everything i wanted and i miss her deeply both as a working terrier and as my best pal..

InkedIMG_20190224_105921080_LI.jpg

InkedIMG_20190324_094354433_LI.jpg

A nice tribute to the old girl Fireman i like it some dogs in your lifetime are very much missed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
11 hours ago, fireman said:

Her dam was coalville lines,her sire was a mix of wyremead and can't remember without digging out her ped right now,but her sire was dug to many times and lost his life under the sod.Her dam was dug to a few times and the kennel name was Toh Kon and bred by a chap called Scott Bedding,like i said she did it all for me and i'll still go and stand by her grave in my garden and talk to her about the piles of shite that live in my kennels after a poor day out where she'd have made the difference :laugh:.

Scott used to live near me used to occasionally bump in to him when we were out mooching about me my cousin an our Lurchers used to have a couple of plummers an the odd beddy with him pleasant enough chap ??

• Like 1
14 hours ago, sid g said:

the man was just an arse hole liar  grass and a thief who looked down on people kept his dogs knee deep in shit in over crowded conditions ,,, i dont know as the man did make  a few  bob  

You must have known this man better than his mother ! did you spend a lot of time with him .?

• Haha 2
13 hours ago, fireman said:

And that is why most folk don't like the plummer terrier.....But as a fella who mooched with lurchers,ferreted both rats and rabbits, ratted a lot and  for a few digs a season the one i had i have never seen a terrier come even close to the one i had.A one trick pony was no good for me and i could take her anywhere in and around any stock without any fear of accidents happening,she was everything i wanted and i miss her deeply both as a working terrier and as my best pal..

InkedIMG_20190224_105921080_LI.jpg

InkedIMG_20190324_094354433_LI.jpg

Nice little thing that mate

I remember the original post.

Atb ... T

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
10 minutes ago, sid g said:

he denied ever buying 2 litters of jrt pups to put into his breeding programme -- despite  being a few of us there when he did ,,, he put information in a couple of his books  about an old mate of mine that were untrue then offered £500 for him to not say anything  which is something else he denied ,  he reported a few lads that crossed him to the rspca ,i saw the condition of his kennels with my own eyes as did many others ,  it was well known at the time he called terrier and lurcher lads thick uneducated  morans ,  he wrote a good story book and he got a few lads into field sports fair play but he was all of the unpleasant things i called him .. i think all of the above is well known among terrier and lurchers lads from back in the day  loads more stuff about him welching on coursing bets leaving lads stranded in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night because they questioned his methods , 

OH !!!!! Is that  all ?  and what part of that did he do to you  ? or is it just hearsay  ?

18 hours ago, fireman said:

Good on ya Fireman for showing some feelings about your old canine pal...

I really admire that quality in a Hunting Man.?

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1