The plummer terrier

I've seen some beautiful Plummer style terriers..?

Gorgeous, fiery Red and white marked tykes,..lovely wee things.

They look ideal for getting into those tight, dense bramble patches, for the rabbits.

Been offered some nice pups over the years, ( once even saw a Brindle coloured one)..but, on every occasion, I just couldn't do it....I just couldn't?

• Haha 9

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And that is why most folk don't like the plummer terrier.....But as a fella who mooched with lurchers,ferreted both rats and rabbits, ratted a lot and  for a few digs a season the one i had i have nev

a couple of images of my russell/ plummer. for interest

Few thier PUD

Posted Images

2 hours ago, baker boy said:

Just did a search, they look like shit

Have they had much coverage on the Forum , I dont have a Facebook Account but I looked on the Rat Terrier UK page and was confronted with a Ferrari and a GT40 Ford with the dogs alongside , it didn't seem right to me somehow .

1 hour ago, OldPhil said:

I've seen some beautiful Plummer style terriers..?

Gorgeous, fiery Red and white marked tykes,..lovely wee things.

They look ideal for getting into those tight, dense bramble patches, for the rabbits.

Been offered some nice pups over the years, ( once even saw a Brindle coloured one)..but, on every occasion, I just couldn't do it....I just couldn't?

Brian Plummer who originated the Breed and now sadly long dead has a couple of films on You Tube

• Haha 3
3 hours ago, reddiesel said:

I spoke to a Lady from Kent a couple of years back who was in the process of Breeding American Rat Terriers which were relatively rare amongst those of us who work dogs .

Out of the blue this August I got an Email from her asking was I still interested , apparently she had sourced semen from Europe and her Bitch was confirmed Pregnant . Sadly I have heard nothing since and a bit pissed off I sent her an Email this morning to which I haven't yet had a reply . Anyway she was telling me that she has a Plummer which is very aggressive and she can do little with , I was tempted to say f**k the Rat Terrier how much do you want for the Plummer .

By far the worst dog I've ever had the misfortune to kennel was a Rat Terrier !

It was registered as a Miniature Manchester Terrier.

Born in the Ukraine, gifted to my daughter in Dubai, she took it, and a Miniature Pincher to Australia with her. The Pincher died so she rescued a Chihuahua from a pet shop.

Then she brought the pair of them back to the UK and I ended up with them !

The Rat Terrier was absolutely mental; would attack anything, man or dog. When you put its food down for it it would bark at the food for ten minutes !

One time it barked in the kennel continually from 0300 to 0900, that was the end of my patience with it and it took a one way trip to the vet !

Mini Pincher drinking my beer, Mini Manchester deciding if it's going to attack ! ? !

IMG_0132.JPG.e5bfa2336bd8ebeb9c90182b1c8bd24c.JPG

Cheers.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Dog aggression an human agrssiln are a deffo no no to me, don’t care how well it’s bred or how good it grafts, it’s starts it’s shite with people or dogs an it’s a goner ?

Tell me something and ive been away from the Forum for a bit so excuse my ignorance . I remember there used to be many Working Dogs for sale on here , we were always strong on attempting to expose Puppy Peddlars but where have all those Dogs gone ? Occasionally on the Pets4Homes site I will come across something that is clearly owned by somebody who knows about Working Dogs and is or has used the Dog for sale in that manner . Is it simply the Dogs for sale have gone where the big money is being paid ?

1 hour ago, reddiesel said:

Hope you don't mind me Posting these , Lockdown and Sunday WTF

Nice to see old Mick Douglas in this film.Spent a few good days coursing with him on his marsh about 25years back and a few good times smoking with him when he used to come down and spend the odd week on his boat near me.My first ever lurcher came off my mate who's dogs all came off Mick.Proper character 

• Haha 2
8 minutes ago, downsouth said:

Nice to see old Mick Douglas in this film.Spent a few good days coursing with him on his marsh about 25years back and a few good times smoking with him when he used to come down and spend the odd week on his boat near me.My first ever lurcher came off my mate who's dogs all came off Mick.Proper character 

Smoking oh no Brian wouldn't like that specially if u were sporting earnings and tattoo 

On 07/02/2021 at 12:24, cjcterrier said:

Not docked and I wouldn’t be buying off there or paying them prices ??

Is nobody gunna point out that the breed standard for a Plummer is that the red colouring is predominant and that pup is predominantly white and clearly a russell type 

• Like 3
On 07/02/2021 at 16:49, W. Katchum said:

Dog aggression an human agrssiln are a deffo no no to me, don’t care how well it’s bred or how good it grafts, it’s starts it’s shite with people or dogs an it’s a goner ?

Dog aggression mutts most were normally scared of the dark or jackers that's what I found both went the same way .?