importing stuff from the eu...Belgium

no its not fecking weed...lol

just wondered if any smart chaps on here could give me an idea if i have to pay any duty ...

i have bought 90 kilo of rogue bumper plates for my home gym ...total cost with shipping is 290 euro ....

so i was wondering if there would be any duty on it.....i just went a head and paid for it all the other day ....then had a lightbulb momment today and sudenly thought will i have to pay owt extra...i know theres 20%vat on top i think.....but was more wondering about any duty if any...

any body any idea..

cheers TOMO

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bunch of treacherous whores buying from the EU!  The extra duty is to pay for the spit in our orders since they got upset with us 

I’ve still got the secret compartment in the back of my transit from the baccy runs back in the day if you get stuck takes about half a pallet ??

so the new equipment just arrived and nothing else to pay...I'm a happy bunny

Posted Images

One to look out for is when you buy the product. Pay the seller - who you'd imagine has charged you for shipping. Then, a few weeks down the line, the courier bills you for some or other fukking thing. And, believe me, there's no way out of it.

Saw a bloke, screaming on a forum, because he'd blown his load on a jacket. Then got hit with a bill, down the line. People explained it to him. Said he was, basically, fukked.

I'm glad I saw that. Because shortly afterwards, the exact same thing happened to me. At least I was half expecting it and knew I was fukked. So, I just paid them and moved on.

I think it's where the courier pays customs your import charges, at the docks, on your behalf. Then, as Walshie implies ...

What ever the case: Rest assured the EU will try to make it as grisly as possible for you.

• Sad 1

It's a dodgy one right now. The Mrs's mate had a box of prezzies sent over (Blighty to EU) and she ended up with an import bill. Apparently they are now opening boxes here, sent from UK, to make sure all goods are as said on the tin and if they are new, as opposed to second hand. Then they are charging higher duties. 

I am waiting for a parcel, from Newkid and I'm expecting a full import finger bang ?

UK might be a bit less cnuts about it, as they haven't been on and on like the EU and trying to get one over ;)

35 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

One to look out for is when you buy the product. Pay the seller - who you'd imagine has charged you for shipping. Then, a few weeks down the line, the courier bills you for some or other fukking thing. And, believe me, there's no way out of it.

Saw a bloke, screaming on a forum, because he'd blown his load on a jacket. Then got hit with a bill, down the line. People explained it to him. Said he was, basically, fukked.

I'm glad I saw that. Because shortly afterwards, the exact same thing happened to me. At least I was half expecting it and knew I was fukked. So, I just paid them and moved on.

I think it's where the courier pays customs your import charges, at the docks, on your behalf. Then, as Walshie implies ...

What ever the case: Rest assured the EU will try to make it as grisly as possible for you.

This happened to a mate who moved to Canada, sent all his stuff from here. The shipping company fuucked it up and returned two boxes to Spain. I went to pick them up and re-ship them to him... I had to pay 30+€ for each box, to get them in my hands and then another 150€ each, to send them to where they were supposed to go in the first place. First time round, one of the boxes ended up in Moscow, then some place in Siberia and then back to Spain. The other ended up in Sicily ffs ?‍♂️?

3 hours ago, Ken's Deputy said:

We have exactly the same screw over here using couriers when ordering from the states.

now we can actually pre pay the taxes with the border agents, you set up an account with them, this fcks over the couriers big time. They will still try and charge you but the big fck you is what you can legally tell them to do. It’s a massive scam, nothing short of.

or you find a retailer who DOES NOT use a courier and uses a normal postal service. If your unlucky you will get taxed.

I point blank refuse to use couriers, been nailed too many times now

best of luck

11 hours ago, mushroom said:

It's a dodgy one right now. The Mrs's mate had a box of prezzies sent over (Blighty to EU) and she ended up with an import bill. Apparently they are now opening boxes here, sent from UK, to make sure all goods are as said on the tin and if they are new, as opposed to second hand. Then they are charging higher duties. 

I am waiting for a parcel, from Newkid and I'm expecting a full import finger bang ?

UK might be a bit less cnuts about it, as they haven't been on and on like the EU and trying to get one over ;)

Has Kev finally perfected the invisible built up shoe he,s Been working on in his secret lab for years then ??