badger ham

My thinking is,only a few years back,who ever heard of folk eating carp until the invasion of the eastern European masses that landed on our shores,now it's not that alarming anymore,I'd try most meat game,,,,but without curry lol

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

But you would all taste  a fanny, ? Look what comes out of that......?

They also drowned witches in those same country villages  I'll stick to my findus crispy pancakes.... I know what's in them ??

Yeah they kept em alive, don't mean they taste nice. The old polish block heads eat carp cos it's traditional, cos they don't have any coast line, yet show em a piece of cod and they will sell their o

Posted Images

22 hours ago, foxdropper said:

We tend to think of protected animals and birds as being forbidden food therefore not good .

Young swan is very good ,kingfisher not so and badger ham was greasy but edible .Illegal supper 1990s . 

The 1940's cook book i have has all sorts in it from larks to seagull to swans to blackbirds,just about everything except fox,squirrel,rat and the other predators like stoats weasels otters etc..These things kept our country living ancestors alive and we all turn our noses up at it or folk who do eat it these days :laugh:..

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, fireman said:

The 1940's cook book i have has all sorts in it from larks to seagull to swans to blackbirds,just about everything except fox,squirrel,rat and the other predators like stoats weasels otters etc..These things kept our country living ancestors alive and we all turn our noses up at it or folk who do eat it these days :laugh:..

How did they recomend you cook the seagull fireman lol...the mother roasted it like a pheasant but it had the texture of tough meat,oily and tasted like shite(I expect)

• Haha 2
11 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

How did they recomend you cook the seagull fireman lol...the mother roasted it like a pheasant but it had the texture of tough meat,oily and tasted like shite(I expect)

You know those moments when you know where something has been for the last god knows how long and when you go grab it it ain't there and the misses (who is the one that has moved it) is working late?,well  :doh:..But what i can remember is that you had to keep them for 2 weeks and feed them on just butter milk to rid them of the fishy oily taste first :laugh:, i sort of stopped there if you get what i mean but i'll get on it and get it dug out and will let you know mate..:victory:

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, fireman said:

Yeah they kept em alive, don't mean they taste nice. The old polish block heads eat carp cos it's traditional, cos they don't have any coast line, yet show em a piece of cod and they will sell their own granny for it. 

There is a reason we don't eat certain stuff. If something was nice then even if it was protected we would poach it. If it hasn't been eaten since well after the second World War....then its shite....if your that hard up then message me, I'll lend you enough for a box of turkey twizzlers 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
2 hours ago, jigsaw said:

She went straight to it :doh:,but it's 3 weeks fed on barley soaked in sour or butter milk,but pluck it,singe it and draw it then stuff it with thyme,bit of fatty bacon over the breast and wrap in greaseproof paper 370 f for 35-40 mins.

Many years ago so this book says gull cost more than fillet steak did and many were fattened as domestic birds, so let us know how it tastes Jigsaw...:laugh:

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, fireman said:

She went straight to it :doh:,but it's 3 weeks fed on barley soaked in sour or butter milk,but pluck it,singe it and draw it then stuff it with thyme,bit of fatty bacon over the breast and wrap in greaseproof paper 370 f for 35-40 mins.

Many years ago so this book says gull cost more than fillet steak did and many were fattened as domestic birds, so let us know how it tastes Jigsaw...:laugh:

im not that badly stuck ffs lol...i was only going to try it in the name of science ....lol....i think we'll write that  one of as a non starter ,  unless the next holocaust comes any time soon...mind im in lockdown for the last 3 weeks ,no work ,might be an excuse to eat road kill like that dirty fecker a few pages back

• Haha 1
23 hours ago, fireman said:

Many years ago seagulls grazed along the seashore, mixed with days following the plough picking up tasty morsels of the fields.... 

.....now a days seagulls eat shite, proper shite, from the streets and land fill sites.... 

The same people who paid more for gull than steak probably believed women who floated were witches ?

• Like 1