badger ham

3 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

I challenge you to attend a THL fishing match and sit and eat this melt in your mouth badger in front of witnesses, if you can eat and enjoy it with a straight face I'll donate £100 the the fishing match charity ???

Like I said, what I had, and the Mrs tried it, was lovely. Perhaps what you've tried wasn't Badger or had gone off. Years ago it was common for a country pub to have a ham. If it was so bad they wouldn't have bothered.

• Like 2

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

But you would all taste  a fanny, ? Look what comes out of that......?

They also drowned witches in those same country villages  I'll stick to my findus crispy pancakes.... I know what's in them ??

Yeah they kept em alive, don't mean they taste nice. The old polish block heads eat carp cos it's traditional, cos they don't have any coast line, yet show em a piece of cod and they will sell their o

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, PLEDGEY said:

Like I said, what I had, and the Mrs tried it, was lovely. Perhaps what you've tried wasn't Badger or had gone off. Years ago it was common for a country pub to have a ham. If it was so bad they wouldn't have bothered.

They also drowned witches in those same country villages 

I'll stick to my findus crispy pancakes.... I know what's in them ??

• Haha 6
28 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

They also drowned witches in those same country villages 

I'll stick to my findus crispy pancakes.... I know what's in them ??

Your mind is made up ,so there's no debate or encouragement going to help you, everything is edible to a point,I once got the mother (I was 16)....to cook a herring full,I had it skinned and told her it was highly recommended......it was to this day the most vile thing I ever tasted, BUT.....I tried it,...broaden your outlook..you might like it lol

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

Your mind is made up ,so there's no debate or encouragement going to help you, everything is edible to a point,I once got the mother (I was 16)....to cook a herring full,I had it skinned and told her it was highly recommended......it was to this day the most vile thing I ever tasted, BUT.....I tried it,...broaden your outlook..you might like it lol

Not at all....debate is possible. If one of the posters who sings the praises of badger attends the THL fishing match and proves this delicacy and leads the way in the taste test I'll be convinced and donate £100 to the charity. 

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, hambone said:

Wouldn't like to be stopped on the way home with a fresh badger in the van or I would give it a go. BUT and its a big BUT if it smelt or tasted anything like fox ? then its a non starter. ?

i know a keeper up here who skinned and jointed a fox up boiled it a few hours and served it up in some curry sauce to some lads who were on the lash after a shoot day told them it was hare ?

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, pengelli said:

i know a keeper up here who skinned and jointed a fox up boiled it a few hours and served it up in some curry sauce to some lads who were on the lash after a shoot day told them it was hare ?

I was boiling it for dog food so thought id give it a try. Cooked in plain water it was vile. If I wanted to prep. and cook for eating I would no doubt do it differently. Those Chinese fkrs cant all be wrong can they? ?

• Haha 2

I have a 1940's cook book with loads of recipes for Badger, pretty much treat as pork,tasted hedgehog once and that was fecking rank just gristle and fat but i recon cooked correctly and all that i'd have a taste for sure..