Best between cz457 and browning t bolt

On 02/02/2021 at 18:48, IanB said:

If I had to buy again, I would buy a Tikka T1X brilliant rifles, action accessories and stock interchangeable with all the mainstream T3 models,  good magazine and design and a bargain price... I've had my CZ452 20 years and when I do decide to swap it out, I'll be getting a T1X and fitting a weaver rail straight onto the action..

I would avoid the Browning T Bolt there cack... the triggers are horrendous..

CZ or Tikka personally, but like I say the Tikka in my opinion is a nicer rifle .... both accurate as you would need.. especially with CCI subs or SK ammo..

CZ452 I’ve had mine 12/13 years 16” Varmint barrel its still like new and accurate as the day I bought it 20 years doesn’t surprise me they are a good reliable tool.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The gold triggers on brownings stay gold for yonks  because no one shoots them much because of sore finger after ten rounds.                    

Best thing to do is go in and have a feel, see what feels right for yourself. Some rifles just feel right and you'll make it work!      Then buy the tikka ?

License came today and decided on the cz457 .22lr happy is a understatement ????

Posted Images

I had the t-bolt and hated it, the trigger was horrendous and the bolt is so noisy the only thing going for it was it was the synthetic one so the extra mag was useful. Anyway traded it in not minding the money i lost and got a Tikka t1x, far better gun with a nice trigger and short pull bolt, i paired it up with an ASE Utra dual rimfire mod and Eley Subs and it shoots like a dream .. thats my 2 peneth but whatever you get good luck with it but mostly have fun ! 

3 hours ago, Ghost Bunny said:

I had the t-bolt and hated it, the trigger was horrendous and the bolt is so noisy the only thing going for it was it was the synthetic one so the extra mag was useful. Anyway traded it in not minding the money i lost and got a Tikka t1x, far better gun with a nice trigger and short pull bolt, i paired it up with an ASE Utra dual rimfire mod and Eley Subs and it shoots like a dream .. thats my 2 peneth but whatever you get good luck with it but mostly have fun ! 

100% they are not good.. The best advice, do not get a T-Bolt there wank..

4 hours ago, IanB said:

Browning triggers went downhill around the nineties. Lawyers thought they could claim for injuries to numpties that cant use a rifle safely so most manufacturers at the time that covered American actually  made something that looked like a trigger but it wasn't!

Some if not most have got over that time.

I have  heard it said a browning shotgun trigger has a better feel than most of their rifles!

The really old browning rifles are fine.

17 hours ago, IanB said:

Mmmm I likes my trigger as its shiney gold, not tried wanking with it yet ? preciousies shouldn't give me ideas. I have two, one in lr and one hmr how can I fits this in....

Your's most in patient ?

Edited by Gav
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, Gav said:

Mmmm I likes my trigger as its shiney gold, not tried wanking with it yet ? preciousies shouldn't give me ideas. I have two, one in lr and one hmr how can I fits this in....

Your's most in patient ?

If you like a Browning Trigger fair play , but they are shite,  every person I know who had bought one , got rid of it straight away .. In comparison a Tikka T1x is similar money and much better ..

14 hours ago, IanB said:

If you like a Browning Trigger fair play , but they are shite,  every person I know who had bought one , got rid of it straight away .. In comparison a Tikka T1x is similar money and much better ..

Reading between the lines, I’m getting the impression that you’re just maybe not too keen on the browning triggers Ian ? ?

• Haha 3
14 hours ago, IanB said:

The only trigger I didn't like on a Browning was the ABIII, I got a new sear spring from a bloke in oz, postage was more than the bloody spring, but that sorted it, so it was nice and crisp.

I'm happy with the T-bolts (I still try turning the bolts though ?), proves its just each to they're own. I have had far worse ? did I mention the time ............. ?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Gav said:

The only trigger I didn't like on a Browning was the ABIII, I got a new sear spring from a bloke in oz, postage was more than the bloody spring, but that sorted it, so it was nice and crisp.

I'm happy with the T-bolts (I still try turning the bolts though ?), proves its just each to they're own. I have had far worse ? did I mention the time ............. ?

To be fair....changing the spring on a cz 457 is a pain in the azz!

On 05/02/2021 at 06:42, BenBhoy said:
WWW.SHOOTINGUK.CO.UK

This review pits the Sako Quad Synthetic, CZ Synthetic Silhouette, Browing T-Bolt Synthetic and...

The t-bolt comes out top in that! 

It's all personal preferance, I really can't fault mine, accuracy is what counts at the end of the day, both the lr and hmr t-bolts I have have excellent accuracy.

Did I ever mention shiney gold trigger ? 

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, Gav said:

It's all personal preferance, I really can't fault mine, accuracy is what counts at the end of the day, both the lr and hmr t-bolts I have have excellent accuracy.

Agreed mate, very happy with mine. Majority of time when it goes bang things die. And ones that don't is down tho the bloke pulling trigger, not the actual trigger! 

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, Gav said:

They are accurate Gav, no doubt about it.  Is the trigger shiney gold? I hadn’t noticed....?

• Haha 1