Best between cz457 and browning t bolt

Hello lads and lasses hopefully I’ll be getting my fac soon had my interview a few months ago and my land has been passed so I’ve been looking at rifles already have my sgc think I’ve narrowed my choice to the cz457 and the browning t bolt in .22lr and .17hmr looking to send around 2k what’s the pros and cons to these rifles and is there any others I should look at thanks mark

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The gold triggers on brownings stay gold for yonks  because no one shoots them much because of sore finger after ten rounds.                    

Best thing to do is go in and have a feel, see what feels right for yourself. Some rifles just feel right and you'll make it work!      Then buy the tikka ?

License came today and decided on the cz457 .22lr happy is a understatement ????

Posted Images

I’ve go a cz .22 and a browning T bolt and cz in .17hmr, although the browning is a bit of posh and the synthetic stock is a better shape with a nice little feature of a spare 10 shot mag that fits in the back of the stock I wouldn’t say it shoots any better than the cz, if anything I find the trigger better on the cz

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Stavross said:

I’ve go a cz .22 and a browning T bolt and cz in .17hmr, although the browning is a bit of posh and the synthetic stock is a better shape with a nice little feature of a spare 10 shot mag that fits in the back of the stock I wouldn’t say it shoots any better than the cz, if anything I find the trigger better on the cz

I like the idea of the extra mag in the stock one of the lads I shoot with has cz 455 that a really like but seen the t bolt in a shop yesterday and then was in two minds ? 

The mag is the best feature of the browning, they are a figure of 8, 10 shot, they are flush fitting and having the spare is a bonus, letting you carry 20 rounds on the rifle, I have 5 shot and 10 shot for the cz, but for me the 10 shot sticks to far out of the stock, so I carry 2, 5 shots

• Like 1

Same as stav I have t-bolt in HMR. Mag in butt is great, especially when bunny bashing and getting through a few. Straight pull is nice feature too. The trigger is adjustable with a 1/16" hex & best of all its gold! 

• Like 1

For me the t bolt trigger is strange with no feel to it, more like a switch and it doesn’t seem to move much. Otherwise I like them, as said, the magazine is great. The only thing about the magazine for me is, in .22 I wouldn’t be able to load it with longs or shorts, only lr’s. But that’s just me and my liking for reduced loads for some applications. In .17hmr the t bolts are good little rifles imo, I particularly like the stainless varmint 16” model. 

• Like 1

Same boat as you 14 months ago , in the end after looking at every make , I chose CZ 457 .22 and tikka .17 HMR both brilliant and CZ is accurate and my mate got a Anschutz.22 at the same time and he even said CZ is far more accurate than his Anschutz 

• Like 2

This type of question crops up quite regularly and there are seldon any reasons to spend more, or get anything other than a CZ for general field use.

People sometimes just prefer other makes and thats fine of course, but a CZ will do anything the vast majority of people need and generally at a pretty reasonable price!

ATB! :thumbs:

• Like 4

CZs used to be very good value for money but not so much now.

I have a CZ in .22 and yes it is accurate but fit and finish leaves a lot to be desired.

I used to have a .17 Hornet and that was the same, rough around the edges.

They are what they are a cheap eastern european rifle that isn't particularly cheap anymore. 

The greed of the importers Edgar Bros have made them far more expensive than they ought to be. They have had yearly price increases simply because "they can".

2 hours ago, ianm said:

CZs used to be very good value for money but not so much now.

I have a CZ in .22 and yes it is accurate but fit and finish leaves a lot to be desired.

I used to have a .17 Hornet and that was the same, rough around the edges.

They are what they are a cheap eastern european rifle that isn't particularly cheap anymore. 

The greed of the importers Edgar Bros have made them far more expensive than they ought to be. They have had yearly price increases simply because "they can".

I’d agree, cz’ s do the job but the prices are creeping up and there’s better finished guns available for similar money. I looked at a cz 527 hornet but the Weihrauch hw60 came in cheaper so I bought that. Nicer finish, nicer wood, brilliant trigger and for less money? Nothing wrong with cz’ s though, I’ve had one for years. Not sure if I’d buy another though?

If I had to buy again, I would buy a Tikka T1X brilliant rifles, action accessories and stock interchangeable with all the mainstream T3 models,  good magazine and design and a bargain price... I've had my CZ452 20 years and when I do decide to swap it out, I'll be getting a T1X and fitting a weaver rail straight onto the action..

I would avoid the Browning T Bolt there cack... the triggers are horrendous..

CZ or Tikka personally, but like I say the Tikka in my opinion is a nicer rifle .... both accurate as you would need.. especially with CCI subs or SK ammo..

16 hours ago, IanB said:

If I had to buy again, I would buy a Tikka T1X brilliant rifles, action accessories and stock interchangeable with all the mainstream T3 models,  good magazine and design and a bargain price... I've had my CZ452 20 years and when I do decide to swap it out, I'll be getting a T1X and fitting a weaver rail straight onto the action..

I would avoid the Browning T Bolt there cack... the triggers are horrendous..

CZ or Tikka personally, but like I say the Tikka in my opinion is a nicer rifle .... both accurate as you would need.. especially with CCI subs or SK ammo..

Yerr, those tikkas are nice, and for the money a bit of a bargain. I know two people who have them, one in .22 and one in .17 , both spot on?

23 hours ago, Dervburner said:

Yerr, those tikkas are nice, and for the money a bit of a bargain. I know two people who have them, one in .22 and one in .17 , both spot on?

Two mates have them and love them... definitely my next purchase if I swap from the old CZ452 .22LR and HMR I own..