What's cooking?

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rabbit Pie ! And, for the purists, made with shortcrust pastry, NOT puff pastry ! ? ! Cheers.

Treat off my dad tonight, he's a friend on the fresh fish stall up town... Scallops and lemon sole fillets...

Family get together at ours, so a bit of a spread.. 13 hour cooked brisket, slow cooked pork shoulder.. Home made coleslaw, stuffing, roasties... and a 2 day hangover! Lol

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, waltjnr said:

That floor is stunning ! 

I didn't know whether to dance on it or eat off it ? if you go into an ivy Asia at night when the underfloor lighting illuminates it's surreal ? The women you see in there are as beautiful as the food, moneyed up to f**k, my mate cracks me up he was saying without irony "Look at these rich c**ts" conveniently forgetting his property portfolio ?

• Haha 1

This may be very pedestrian for you folk on here but what's your thoughts on what should or should not be in a Bolognese? The 1st "exotic" food that I was introduced to. My dad would just about put up with it but mam had to make a different batch for him without garlic.

The modern self loathing thing that some Brits have dictate that what we consider to be Italian or Indian etc is nothing of the sort and we should be ashamed. I don't care. Nice food is nice food whether it is historically correct or not. Got one on the go now and it consists of:

minced beef - white onion - fresh garlic gloves - dried mixed herbs - red (bell) pepper - large generic chilli - Bird Eye chillies - button mushrooms - tin of chopped tomatoes - fresh tomatoes - splash of Worcestershire sauce and sometimes half an Oxo cube. Simmer for at least two hours until everything has broken down and severed with spaghetti, common out of a packet type not freshly made. No carrots or celery. Used to put those in but now prefer without.