What's cooking?

38 minutes ago, Borr said:

I was going to get one, but my mate has a ceramic smoker and got to crack the lid for the Bluetooth, so I gave it a miss I might get one with wires to have external...I seem to do okay without but have over done a couple of chunks

I watch a guy on YouTube  pitmaster-x and he uses a meater with his camodo joe , maybe it's the meater plus ➕? it has a longer range,  I think mine says 30 meters 

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rabbit Pie ! And, for the purists, made with shortcrust pastry, NOT puff pastry ! ? ! Cheers.

Treat off my dad tonight, he's a friend on the fresh fish stall up town... Scallops and lemon sole fillets...

Family get together at ours, so a bit of a spread.. 13 hour cooked brisket, slow cooked pork shoulder.. Home made coleslaw, stuffing, roasties... and a 2 day hangover! Lol

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I agree.

Ive got two big Allotments, a small holding really, and grow a lot of veg, don't know about organic, but I don't use any chemicals, I make my own compost and use well rotted horse manure.

Ive a few hens and ducks, more than enough to keep us in fresh eggs. They are not free range but have large pens and are fed on mixed corn and veg.

Theres loads of wild plums, apples, berries round here, which I eat or use to make wine.

I usually have a freezer full of game, and I get fresh trout, cod, mackerel, etc from my brother.

I still have to get some things from the shops, but by and large, we eat fairly healthy.

Cheers.

Missus got two allotments, mostly fruit now for kids but still have corn, onions some spuds etc I'm not missing squashes and marrows tbh but everything she grows is far tastier and fresher than the shop bought, our pig arrives this week from communal pigs on there, she have aquistioned my plastic barrel and is planning to do a Parma style ham , hopefully it works, I'll be smoking and bbqing some of it too....? 

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, kanny said:

I watch a guy on YouTube  pitmaster-x and he uses a meater with his camodo joe , maybe it's the meater plus ➕? it has a longer range,  I think mine says 30 meters 

Ah interesting, I'll have a look could probably pick it up through the top vent tbh without losing all the heat, something to think on. Probably be next summer if I get one.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Borr said:

Missus got two allotments, mostly fruit now for kids but still have corn, onions some spuds etc I'm not missing squashes and marrows tbh but everything she grows is far tastier and fresher than the shop bought, our pig arrives this week from communal pigs on there, she have aquistioned my plastic barrel and is planning to do a Parma style ham , hopefully it works, I'll be smoking and bbqing some of it too....? 

I got lots of allotments all over the east of England lol not sure wat I’m growing from yr to yr but it’s on the spot harvesting ?grow a few chillis n toms  it works well 

Edited by green lurchers
  • Haha 2

Just had an epic 10 minutes here knocking a couple of day's of work snap up.

I've been trying to scale the fruit back recently... been taking bewteen say 6 to 10 peices a day for the last 25 year!!?

20210914_195224.jpg.8abde9668f5e83eb2c0d10ee95801d14.jpg

Feel free to slate those seafood stick things.. fuk knows what is actually in them. Mrs and kids eat them so i throw a few in for good (or bad ) measure!!

20210914_192752.jpg.f1126f6e71c5b987dc646c7fd5f3e3c9.jpg

• Like 5

INGREDIENTS: Surimi (45%) [Alaska Pollock (Fish), and/or Hake (Fish), Sugar], Water, Wheat Starch, Potato Starch, Rapeseed Oil, Sugar, Salt, Dried Egg White, Crab Extract (Crustacean), Flavouring, Colour (Lycopene), Dried Egg.

but as my mum says it isn't what kids don't eat it's what they do eat, meaning you can eat junk as long as you eat the good stuff too.

• Like 1