What's cooking?

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rabbit Pie ! And, for the purists, made with shortcrust pastry, NOT puff pastry ! ? ! Cheers.

Family get together at ours, so a bit of a spread.. 13 hour cooked brisket, slow cooked pork shoulder.. Home made coleslaw, stuffing, roasties... and a 2 day hangover! Lol

Treat off my dad tonight, he's a friend on the fresh fish stall up town... Scallops and lemon sole fillets...

Posted Images

3 hours ago, chartpolski said:

Slow cooked wood pigeon, in onion, garlic, chilli, soy sauce and a splash of fish sauce.

Served with fried new potatoes and Swiss chard wilted in butter;

417CC4E0-4430-46CE-A486-A385FB9D2B99.jpeg.fcd32d3fb8bf16df161dc675adc24533.jpeg

Cheers.

you normally just pull the breast off the pigeon chart lol and what  is swiss chard ? lol

27 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

you normally just pull the breast off the pigeon chart lol and what  is swiss chard ? lol

You’re right mate; when I have a load of pigeons I just take the breasts; but I shot four while in the allotment and I had a bit time in my hands so prepared the whole birds.

Swiss chard I can only describe as a cross between spinach and cabbage, taste wise.

Very high in vitamin c evidently.

You plant it one season and take the leaves as you need them, then cut them off at ground level and they grow again the next season.

Everything on that plate was shot or grown by me apart from the soy and fish sauce.

I get a certain pleasure at catching, growing, cooking and eating my own food.

FD35CD3C-3BDC-4D84-9E9E-4554EA1989D2.jpeg.d8a78235a03a98d1914159d7da968f5d.jpeg

4B12B190-D2A9-46C0-8FFB-82C7F3291035.jpeg.52edc1c8dbfc4123facd03f721251bc9.jpeg

Cheers.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

love abit of trout...can't stand eating the rainbows though...my 13 yr old lad been having a few of these last few weeks... thunderstorms this weekend...be worth having a walk afterwards and spinning a few pools?DSC_3433.JPG.3f65185788e399f4fe24eb31407238c6.JPG

• Like 7

Danielcain: My experience of the taste of Rainbow Trout seems to depend on where they were caught and where in the reservoir they feed. Back in the days of fishing the ledgered worm it seemed that trout caught on the bottom tasted different more muddy to those caught on fly higher up the water. Take what you want from my comments. Otheres may find things different. 

• Like 3