What's cooking?

12 minutes ago, Francie, said:

Thanks tats,how did they treat the ulcer?an how did it form do you know?

She had two blood transfusions and various tablets apparently they heal on their own. They said she drunk over the recommended units of alcohol wich was a load of bollox because she had a couple of glasses of white wine after doing a 12 hour shift in a residential care home. I think the ulcer was down to stress after working in a mental health unit for 9 year's. The week before she took ill she had worked 60 hours that week. 

• Sad 4

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rabbit Pie ! And, for the purists, made with shortcrust pastry, NOT puff pastry ! ? ! Cheers.

Treat off my dad tonight, he's a friend on the fresh fish stall up town... Scallops and lemon sole fillets...

Family get together at ours, so a bit of a spread.. 13 hour cooked brisket, slow cooked pork shoulder.. Home made coleslaw, stuffing, roasties... and a 2 day hangover! Lol

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Francie, said:

Hi fat kev,saturated,the beef mince was 1300 calories on its own then five eggs 400,then the butter was 3 to 400,then onion an garlic which is low in calories,2100 calories in one sitting haha f**k me thats nearly daily reccommended intake in one lol

Didn't know his nickname was "fat kev"...lol

• Haha 4

Sometimes it’s not about what your eating but the whole experience.I just had a muffin and coffee sitting on a seat outside the coffee shop,couple of humming birds were working the flowers in the sun.

0D7F781C-74D8-4CB6-B020-B022DF5EB59B.jpeg

E320D8DD-DC0E-4A02-8C16-687B5047E9F0.jpeg

EF6256EA-604A-4A18-81AE-0343F4FF52FD.jpeg

20052303-437D-4E56-9360-F37BA2820D65.jpeg

B5E8D436-9140-493F-BE54-2F81CD7C153D.jpeg

Edited by mackem
  • Like 8
6 hours ago, mackem said:

Sometimes it’s not about what your eating but the whole experience.I just had a muffin and coffee sitting on a seat outside the coffee shop,couple of humming birds were working the flowers in the sun.

0D7F781C-74D8-4CB6-B020-B022DF5EB59B.jpeg

E320D8DD-DC0E-4A02-8C16-687B5047E9F0.jpeg

EF6256EA-604A-4A18-81AE-0343F4FF52FD.jpeg

20052303-437D-4E56-9360-F37BA2820D65.jpeg

B5E8D436-9140-493F-BE54-2F81CD7C153D.jpeg

Nice pics of the humming birds, sometimes it's just nice to sit back and take in and appreciate what's around you. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Leo Sayer said:sometimes it's just nice to sit back and take in and appreciate what's around you. 

That’s my philosophy exactly Leo,really enjoyed sitting there drinking coffee in the sun,the humming birds were the icing on the cake.

• Like 3
21 hours ago, Francie, said:

Hi fat kev,saturated,the beef mince was 1300 calories on its own then five eggs 400,then the butter was 3 to 400,then onion an garlic which is low in calories,2100 calories in one sitting haha f**k me thats nearly daily reccommended intake in one lol

Can you stay on this way of eating permanently Francie, or is it just for set periods of time 

You must be blowing off like a good'un with all them eggs 

24 minutes ago, low plains drifter said:

Can you stay on this way of eating permanently Francie, or is it just for set periods of time 

You must be blowing off like a good'un with all them eggs 

Yes you can mate,theres lots of different animal products to eat.

Think back in time the most carbs we got was fruit an wild vegtables,we mostly ate animal products,now we have man made veg an processed/ultra processed food,a tiny bit of carbs would be alright depending what it is.

Im no expert tho lpd youl have to dig yourself mate

Most carbs cause inflamation in the body,spike your insulin everytime you eat them,not good,sugar is a killer literally,an veg an seed oils dirt cant be broke down in the body apparently.

Edited by Francie,
  • Like 1